9/11

Somewhere to share your tales, anecdotes and memories from past days.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please remember to respect the copyright of the author. Please do not post content from this section elsewhere without the specific permission of the author.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: 9/11

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

I cannot remember Elvis or Di but I do remember the first man on the moon (If indeed it happened)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#12 Post by Mike357 »

I was only months old so you got me there.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

I was 11 years old I think.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
R.G.C

#14 Post by R.G.C »

I was accompanying muy ie shopping, whn we arroived to the cashier, she told us what jyst happened. We rushed home fr news.

We were all Americans that day...We are stll to day in remembrance.

R.G.C
R.G.C

#15 Post by R.G.C »

R.G.C wrote:I was accompanying my wife shopping, when we arrived to the cashier, she told us what just happened. We rushed home for news.

We were all Americans that day...We are stll to day in remembrance.

R.G.C
One souvenir I forgot to mention: At a local foundry, on the wednesday morning, the arab workers entered work singing!!!

I cannot remenber any condemnation coming from middle east/mghred? Can anyone eventually refresh my memory on this point???

R.G.C
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#16 Post by M99 »

Mike357 wrote:I was driving back up from Dumfries to the office in Glasgow when my dad phoned to tell me what was unfolding.

Also know where I was when Elvis and Diana died.

Elvis? My Eagle is alive and well sat on the lawn - or was there another Elvis?

Mike
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#17 Post by bobbob »

I had just pulled up in the car park at work as news came in of the first plane hitting. I walked to my workplace and told some of my colleagues, one laughed and told me I was being stupid. I went and turned on the radio as the second plane hit. I spent the day listening but not being able to comprehend what was happening. Without seeing it my mind wouldn't believe it. When I got home and saw the TV coverage it became all to real..

My parents, brother, his wife and son were in Majorca. They went back to their hotel to prepare for their evening. They switched on a Spanish TV station and saw the burning towers. When they had arrived they noticed one of the pictures on the wall in the room was of the Twin Towers.

Thoughts today are with all those affected.
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#18 Post by Mike357 »

MiLisCer wrote:
Mike357 wrote:I was driving back up from Dumfries to the office in Glasgow when my dad phoned to tell me what was unfolding.

Also know where I was when Elvis and Diana died.

Elvis? My Eagle is alive and well sat on the lawn - or was there another Elvis?

Mike
Apparently, some fat lump with horrendous dress sense that reckoned he could sing! :lol: :lol:
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
targetman

#19 Post by targetman »

I was at Barcelona airport with my wife and our two friends, we were just about to board the aircraft when we saw the pictures on a large TV screen. We had no idea what was going on.

When we got back to Gatwick the place was crawling with armed police. We spoke to a couple on the car park bus and they said that they were half way across to pond to the US when the pilot told them that they were turning back, no reason, other than the plane was perfectly OK.

It was not until we got home that we knew what had happened and sat watching the news.
Robin128

#20 Post by Robin128 »

I wish they would sort out this conflict!

:x