Access to imformation etc

Anything non shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Access to imformation etc

#11 Post by Alpha1 »

Most of the forums I frequent have the ability to make a donation at any time. They display the running costs for the year and how much as been donated towards the total amount for the year. But its up to the admin how they want to do it. As long as the running costs are covered it does not really matter. I do know that the running of and the day to day moderating of a forum is a pain in the butt. I don't do it any more its not worth the chew on.
Christel
Site Admin

#12 Post by Christel »

The "all the time there donation" button seems to be ignored, it becomes one with the wall paper, at least that is my impression.

The forum is now 6 years old and for the last three years I have asked for donations towards the hosting, this year I also asked for daily backup as I deem it important now. There is also the domain renewal which I have paid since we started.

Total running cost this year is £350 for hosting, £120 for daily back up and £10 for domain renewal. Total £480.
We have 31 GB of babble :)

We have had £495 in donations :good:
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#13 Post by redcat »

bnz41 wrote:You have a PM with details.
Can you send me the same PM please?

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#14 Post by Alpha1 »

redcat wrote:
bnz41 wrote:You have a PM with details.
Can you send me the same PM please?

Redcat
Just read Christels post in forum news and anouncements all the details are in there.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#15 Post by Dellboy »

ITS THAT TIME AGAIN CHAPS

cheers
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.