Wood handle knife

Anything non shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

Wood handle knife

#1 Post by redcat »

Damascus style blade (I hesitate to call this Damsacus at this price but there are "ripples" if you run your finger nail over it). With leather sheath. £40 including shipping. 4 only available. No, you don't get the coin!

Redcat
Attachments
P1130839.JPG
P1130840.JPG
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
redcat
Past Supporter

Re: Wood handle knife

#2 Post by redcat »

Reduced to £27.50 each

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
acormack
Home club or Range: Pentland Rifle Club

#3 Post by acormack »

Do you still have these for sale?
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#4 Post by froggy »

What the steel like ?
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
redcat
Past Supporter

#5 Post by redcat »

Yes I still have them. Froggy, steel is steel to me I'm afraid!

Redcat
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#6 Post by meles meles »

* elbows his way to front of crowd*

"Exsqueeze us, oomans, we wants to say summat "

True "Damascus steel" was actually a microalloyed crucible steel made in the India, Sri Lanka (nee Ceylon) and areas around what is now Afghanistan. It was very hard but also very tough: it could take a sharp edge and resisted chipping very well. It was traded along the Silk road to the Middle East as ingots and then forged into swords in Damascus and used by the Saracens against the crusaders. 'Twas good stuff.

Knives and swords sold sold as "Damascus steel" nowadays are usually pattern welded steel, i.e they are two or more different steels, one hard and one tough, welded together to combine the best properties of both. The vikingyr were experts at this and their swords could put both the Damascus and Samurai swordsmiths to shame. Proper sharp and awesome toughness. This kutter looks to us to be a pattern welded blade in the Vikingyr style and so, if well made, a truly awesome blade.

*Note. You don't have to take our word for it, we only studied sword metallurgy for a PhD. You could refer to t'interweb instead...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"