Assortment of WWII German medals, badges, awards.

Anything non shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

Re: Assortment of WWII German medals, badges, awards.

#11 Post by HALODIN »

You sneaky dog... you already found it! :)

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... rika+cloth
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#12 Post by Dark Skies »

HALODIN wrote:You sneaky dog... you already found it! :)

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... rika+cloth
Found it and forgot it about a year ago. It was only when I clicked on the link that I remembered I'd been there before.
And there wasn't anything there that shed any light on the origin of this item. I've emailed a few dealers in the forlorn hope that maybe they've come across one on their travels. I've tried all sorts of description combos for Internet searches and keep coming up empty.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#13 Post by DanTheMan »

I'm keen to add the lot to my collection but I'm just taking advice on authenticity, it's a minefield with 80% of medals being Polish fakes.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#14 Post by Dark Skies »

DanTheMan wrote:I'm keen to add the lot to my collection but I'm just taking advice on authenticity, it's a minefield with 80% of medals being Polish fakes.
I know - I've tried various websites in the past and had so many conflicting pronouncements yay and nay that I found myself asking why I was consulting strangers on the net when I never really had anything solid at the end of it. The words 'in my opinion' mean dick unless you know their credentials. I'm consulting a dealer whom I know to cast his eye over them and a box load of other Party stuff and books. I'll probably let him take the strain. Life's too short.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#15 Post by froggy »

Half of the UK militaria dealers are not any better, with quite of them being either ignorant or crooks... I certainly would not take their word for it either :bad:
Post your badges individually on WAF and you will get a much more valuable opinion IMO.
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/