Dear Chief Constabubble...

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
DL.

Re: Dear Chief Constabubble...

#31 Post by DL. »

Jame5m wrote:I don't know anything except that 60 FACS were issued to BTP officers,

I'm guessing that they didn't request .22 bolt action rifles for target shooting on approved and authorised ranges......

If they were issued FACS for say example,

5.56mm self loading rifles & pistols ( the BTP seem to be walking around with pistols and lmt carbines)

For say example "defence of private property"

Then it would make a very interesting sec44 apeal!
I fully support the BTP being armed, I think the travelling public deserve to be protected. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5023422.stm

I also fully support the forestry commission having firearms to protect the national assets under their control from wildlife damage.

Furthermore, I support the service personnel granted section five for personal protection.

My belief is that the right people should have firearms, there are pretty stringent checks in place in this bureaucratic country we live in, and more of the honest law abiding people with nothing to hide should have the freedom of choice to use firearms for lawful purposes. According to the media there's never been as many fac holders, I would like there to be more to promote shooting in this country.
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#32 Post by meles meles »

DL. wrote: I also fully support the forestry commission having firearms to protect the national assets under their control from wildlife damage..

Careful, ooman. We's wildlife are us. Very wild if you upsets us...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
SevenSixTwo

#33 Post by SevenSixTwo »

DL. wrote:Furthermore, I support the service personnel granted section five for personal protection.
Why? We're generally under no more threat than the average civvi. And we tend to get p****d a lot. Not a good mix. ;)

It would be nice but, all things considered, no thanks...
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#34 Post by dodgyrog »

DL. wrote:
Jame5m wrote:I don't know anything except that 60 FACS were issued to BTP officers,

I'm guessing that they didn't request .22 bolt action rifles for target shooting on approved and authorised ranges......

If they were issued FACS for say example,

5.56mm self loading rifles & pistols ( the BTP seem to be walking around with pistols and lmt carbines)

For say example "defence of private property"

Then it would make a very interesting sec44 apeal!
I fully support the BTP being armed, I think the travelling public deserve to be protected. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5023422.stm

I also fully support the forestry commission having firearms to protect the national assets under their control from wildlife damage.

Furthermore, I support the service personnel granted section five for personal protection.

My belief is that the right people should have firearms, there are pretty stringent checks in place in this bureaucratic country we live in, and more of the honest law abiding people with nothing to hide should have the freedom of choice to use firearms for lawful purposes. According to the media there's never been as many fac holders, I would like there to be more to promote shooting in this country.
I doubt that the BTP are armed for OUR safety!
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
joe

#35 Post by joe »

a semi auto 5.56mm and a semi auto 9mm pistol are section five and thus the chief constable has no authority to issue a firearms certficate for these firearms! they would have to apply directly to the secarty of state for a examption! unless of course they are will be using straight pull LMT's from NW custom parts and using midways new lever release pistols :twisted:
SevenSixTwo

#36 Post by SevenSixTwo »

SevenSixTwo wrote:
DL. wrote:Furthermore, I support the service personnel granted section five for personal protection.
Why? We're generally under no more threat than the average civvi.
With hindsight (Lee Rigby) I take that back...
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#37 Post by meles meles »

We'll endorse your application, ooman, and ask that it be extended to us owd gits that now do our service in the British Legion.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
SevenSixTwo

#38 Post by SevenSixTwo »

:good: