Blackout

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

Blackout

#1 Post by 450 Martini »

Did anybody see the Drama documentary on Channel 4 a few nights ago called blackout depicting a nationwide power outage. It certainly provides food for thourght, acording to the broardcast it seems the country is filled with panicky idiots. Or is that a insult to the sheeple, sorry people of Great Britain?
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

Re: Blackout

#2 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

I saw it and thought that it was pretty realistic.

Gone is the day of the stiff upper lip unfortunately.

I was actually in a power station control room when this happened http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7423169.stm, it was an erm interesting day.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

#3 Post by 450 Martini »

The power infastructure dosent take much to knock it out. Thankfully nothing so bad has happened yet...
The section in the film where the bloke who had all the kit but none of the sense and a shouty wife was looted by local thugs strikes me as a bit odd. During major civil disturbances right outside my door i would have had a guard on at all times, especially at night. STAG ON! as my old para friend would say.
I would say i'm pretty well stocked up at the moment, 4500 gallons of fresh water stored in the swimming pool, a months supply of Army rations, plenty of tanked gas, a well stocked armoury all in a fairly rural location. All standard supplies for infastructure destroying disasters. Makes me sound like one of those prepper people on nat geo!
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#4 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

You need an anti-materiel rifle for when the trucks full of soldiers come. The old Henry won't cut it!

It did strike me as odd that they didn't stag. First thing that I'd think of doing and I haven't 'been in' as they say.

If it does ever go south, expect cabals to spring up with groups of people with disparate skills banding together.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#5 Post by dodgyrog »

450 Martini wrote:The power infastructure dosent take much to knock it out. Thankfully nothing so bad has happened yet...
The section in the film where the bloke who had all the kit but none of the sense and a shouty wife was looted by local thugs strikes me as a bit odd. During major civil disturbances right outside my door i would have had a guard on at all times, especially at night. STAG ON! as my old para friend would say.
I would say i'm pretty well stocked up at the moment, 4500 gallons of fresh water stored in the swimming pool, a months supply of Army rations, plenty of tanked gas, a well stocked armoury all in a fairly rural location. All standard supplies for infastructure destroying disasters. Makes me sound like one of those prepper people on nat geo!
How long would it take the boys in blue to come and disarm you - then walk away and leave you undefended?
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Chuck

#6 Post by Chuck »

450 - yes we are a nation of panickers. And they would all be wanting compo of course

dodgyrog: they'd be there before it got dark - even if the lights went out at midnight in December on a rainy night.

of course you then have a scenario: it's dark, power out nationally and some guys in black with ski masks boot your door in - and you deal with them from your vantage point....voila, you now have some Glocks and MP5's - and a load of ammo and black kit of your own..WAHOOOOO :shakeshout: :shakeshout: :shakeshout:

Of course you'll need them for when their mates show up mob-handed... bangbang bangbang bangbang bangbang :lol:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
slate

#7 Post by slate »

Charlotte the flyer wrote:...
I was actually in a power station control room when this happened http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7423169.stm, it was an erm interesting day.
Yeah, big red buttons, tempting ain't they.... tongueout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfj0sRiEqx4

[youtube]kfj0sRiEqx4[/youtube]
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#8 Post by dromia »

I have whisky, coal and potatoes a plenty.

That is all you need.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
SevenSixTwo

#9 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Gun owners better hope that collapse is rapid. If it's a slow slide to anarchy then confiscation will happen.
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
Chuck

#10 Post by Chuck »

But only if you let it............. :squirrel:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!