Blackout

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

Re: Blackout

#31 Post by HALODIN »

Let's hope it never happens...
Blu

#32 Post by Blu »

HALODIN wrote:Let's hope it never happens...
Agreed.

Blu :twisted:
Chuck

#33 Post by Chuck »

Agreed, but best be prepared. better to have and not need etc etc.

A rural location is no guarantee of safety as populations will move to find what they do not have, the bad ones especially. rural location, no worries, no protection from the law who would be in the cities, guard down - disaster. All it needs is ONE bad apple from within your own community and things will go south pretty quick
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Thomas Turner

#34 Post by Thomas Turner »

What we have to remember is this is a representation of the worst case scenario, I'm what they call a prepper, but all it means is if I get ill/car breaks down or even the weather gets nasty, my kids and my disabled wife and daughter can cope for a week or two between the cupboards/freezer and the corner shop for bread and milk.

The electrical infrastructure in the UK has safeguards against overload which are mechanical in nature, sure it could all switch off, but I for one don't think it would be off for an entire week due to a hacker, fuses, circuit breakers etc are all there to prevent damage to cable and transformers, even the alternators themselves, and given the human resources available to TPBT these days I reckon they would be more likely to approach firearms owners for help controlling the situation, than make another (more dangerous) enemy when everything is going south around them.

All these extreme scenarios have equally likely opposite outcomes kukkuk I'm too young but my parents weren't to remember WW2 and the bulldog spirit and all that, the media always looks at the worst way things could pan out, they love that, so be prepared but don't be paranoid you could finish up removing your mother in law's head when she turns up unexpectedly to make sure you're allright, and we wouldn't want that would we :roll:
Chuck

#35 Post by Chuck »

I'm too young but my parents weren't to remember WW2 and the bulldog spirit and all that,

You can forget that mentality today mate: most would be screwed without brain-dead reality TV and their techno gizmos.

Imagine the war that would break out in many houses when they were actually forced to TALK to each other rather than hide in their rooms playing online games etc.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
SevenSixTwo

#36 Post by SevenSixTwo »

I think the bigger danger is financial meltdown.
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
Thomas Turner

#37 Post by Thomas Turner »

Chuck wrote:
I'm too young but my parents weren't to remember WW2 and the bulldog spirit and all that,

You can forget that mentality today mate: most would be screwed without brain-dead reality TV and their techno gizmos.

Imagine the war that would break out in many houses when they were actually forced to TALK to each other rather than hide in their rooms playing online games etc.

My cynical side agrees with the first bit, my experience proves the second bit :lol: my hope is that my lot and enough of everyone else's would do the right thing, but I wouldn't leave everything to hope ;)
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#38 Post by HALODIN »

It is and it's a certainty. The only question is when...
SevenSixTwo wrote:I think the bigger danger is financial meltdown.
londonercsecse
Home club or Range: Rossendale

#39 Post by londonercsecse »

There was the " american blackout" on national geographic yesterday. Has anyone seen it?
Miroku O/U, Mossberg 500 pump 12g.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#40 Post by Blackstuff »

londonercsecse wrote:There was the " american blackout" on national geographic yesterday. Has anyone seen it?
Watch it here (before it gets pulled!)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PreJvrlj ... D90444A46A[/youtube]
DVC