The community aspect

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
markS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove small arms

The community aspect

#1 Post by markS »

Reading the threads about your choice of defense etc. I was thinking: how would you deal/live with/help/ignore the people in your community if things go *wrong*

It's all well and good looking after one's self but in the long-term it takes a bit more than that.

Do you trust the people you live near to know you shoot? Do you think you'd become a target? Or do you think the police would be paying a visit to confiscate? What would you do?
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: The community aspect

#2 Post by meles meles »

markS wrote:Do you think you'd become a target? Or do you think the police would be paying a visit to confiscate? What would you do?

Our kin in Gloucestershire and Somerset are already targets, ooman, and Mr Plod is aiding and abetting the "evil bald monkeys wot is out to get us". What would us do ? Go underground ...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
markS
Past Supporter

#3 Post by markS »

meles meles

#4 Post by meles meles »

Badger
Badger Korporashun

markS
Past Supporter

#5 Post by markS »

nice, but I don't make the rules: badger with a bad cough and it's culling time!
meles meles

#6 Post by meles meles »

*marks your card*
Badger
Badger Korporashun

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

markS wrote: 1 Do you trust the people you live near to know you shoot? 2 Do you think you'd become a target? 3Or do you think the police would be paying a visit to confiscate? 4What would you do?
1/ No, i've only just moved and don't really know any of my neighbours, even though its a relatively secluded street and a nice area i still load and unload guns from my car inside my garage.

2/ No, scumbags usually target the weakest in the community first or those they can get easy leverage on. I'm in my 30's, able bodied and don't have any children to protect/worry about. I've taken my partner shooting a few times and she knows the basics for protecting herself with a gun.

3/ No, the police will have the 'SHTF' situation to deal with and won't have the time or resources for mass confiscations. I would expect that if you're seen with, or use you guns on the street you will become a 'priority'.

4/ Keep as low a profile as possible, but do as others are doing (collecting food/water from government drop offs, having street parties, pulling together, looting....)
DVC
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#8 Post by froggy »

Salut ,

I have seen the "local community" which indeed is not very "local" during the 2011 summer london action ... :bad:

At the slightest sign of real trouble, it's back on that ferry again .
Now ... from my little Britany village I feel very confident I can become the new Asterix of the 21st century O:-)
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#9 Post by phaedra1106 »

Most of my new neighbours are over 55 (like me!), as I have a nice selection of firearms and a good stock of reloading components they shouldn't be a worry!. Mind you, there are a few chavs a mile or two up the road so anyone dodgy sticking their head over the hedge is liable to find themselves minus the ability wear a hat :good:

An organised raid on the local shops to stock up on dry & tinned food and bottled water etc. with me riding shotgun should see us OK for the short term at least :good:
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Chuck

#10 Post by Chuck »

just remember guys: As long as you are armed you have what it takes to take whatever they have!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!