Nuclear Bunker for Sale

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Nuclear Bunker for Sale

#12 Post by snayperskaya »

I'd buy it, you could turn it into one big gun room.I don't think a FLO could argue with blastproof doors!.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#13 Post by meles meles »

Could be our bolt hole if the cull re-starts...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Tomo

#14 Post by Tomo »

With all the rain that Cornwall has been having recently its probably knee deep in water by now (indoor swimming pool!?)
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

#15 Post by 450 Martini »

A good friend of mine owns a former ROC post in Leictershire he is restoring it and offers tours.
http://jedj.webstarts.com/index.html
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#16 Post by DaveB »

Saw that bunker on a TV show called 'Doomsday Preppers' or something like that. The owners and their friends are planning to go there in an 'end of the world' scenario.

The problem as I see it is that they are all a bunch of left-behind hippies. Anybody remember the B Arc from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the one full of hairdressers and telephone sanitizers: "You're all a load of useless bloody loonies!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32FCR7esarM.

Well this bunch are definitely B Arc material. In the TV episode they were all wearing tie-died clothing talking about auras, holistic healing, dancing, and so on. If they are the future of the world, post apocalypse, God help the human race!
Blu

#17 Post by Blu »

DaveB.
In the TV episode they were all wearing tie-died clothing talking about auras, holistic healing, dancing, and so on. If they are the future of the world, post apocalypse, God help the human race!
Oh I don't know, in a post apocalyptic world that may be the only thing that we have to resort to. My wife who is a Registered Nurse is in to the healing properties of plants, you may be surprised at some of the things she's found out with just the plant life we have here on our property. Here's one of them she looked at and experimented with.

http://www.altnature.com/gallery/healall.htm

Blu :twisted:
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#18 Post by DaveB »

I have no problem with plants - that's where medicines come from originally, but when it comes to auras, psychic healing, tie-died clothing and hippies who never grew up - that's a whole other story. You'd have to have seen this bunch on the TV to really understand my post, I suppose.
Blu

#19 Post by Blu »

DaveB wrote:I have no problem with plants - that's where medicines come from originally, but when it comes to auras, psychic healing, tie-died clothing and hippies who never grew up - that's a whole other story. You'd have to have seen this bunch on the TV to really understand my post, I suppose.
"and hippies who never grew up" :lol: Yeah I hear what you are saying and you're right. Actually we have a couple of old hippies who live a couple of miles down the road from us. Hell of a nice people who do all their own food growing, both plant and animal. It was only some time later after meeting them that I learned the guy had done two tours in Vietnam as a combat medic and apparently had the bullet hole marks to prove it. I guess he went all hippie when he met his wife after his tours in Vietnam.

Blu :twisted:
DaveB

#20 Post by DaveB »

I met an American in Cambodia in the mid-90s, up around Battambang. He had the behaviour of somebody who had been there a long time (I believe the phrase is that he had 'gone Asiatic'). I asked him how he came to be there and he told me he had deserted the US Army in Vietnam, and had been kicking around SE Asia ever since. Didn't feel too good about it. I was a soldier for 40 years and have no time for deserters.