Bug out bag

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Scotsgun

Re: Bug out bag

#11 Post by Scotsgun »

Chuck wrote:Mrs T's homeland is earthquake prone..
Oh yeah...I remember my first when visiting a girlfriend's relatives near Istanbul. Not pleasant.

With all the s*** going on in the last few years we now have a back walk-in-cupboard which has just grown and grown. It started with a fire proof safe with our docs, I added a smaller safe with a lever action rifle in 45 colt and pump action shotgun (with ammo), cases of water, boxes of 24hr ration packs, large medical pack, etc.......we didn't discuss it; it just started to grow. I even tossed in a tin full of packets of seeds.

The wife is in complete agreement. She's been working for some govt. depts recently which are quite jumpy.
Chuck

#12 Post by Chuck »

Was in the brother in law's a few months back and there was a wee "ripple" - it was weirdest feeling, goes right through you. Sometimes you will see them checking the ceiling light to see if it is starting to sway, seemingly a good indicator as are the cats and dogs outside.

Won't be living there for sure.....
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

Animals are always a good indicator. A friend was holidaying in North Wales many years ago and was looking out across the hills one morning when all the sheep down in the valley started running. He expected it to be a dog that had spooked them and was looking for it when a good 20 seconds later the ground shook very slightly.

He was not so many miles from Wylfa at the time.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
tackb

#14 Post by tackb »

simple, my 308 plus stalking knife good boots good clothes (stalking again) and that is about it to start and as time allowed i would start with water purifyer , sleeping bag , bivi bag , rations, axe, firelighting kit and so on , i could get the first two in about 1 min and manage very well with those everything else is just to make things easier buit there not essential. the most important thing is to have the knowledge and mindset to survive.
Chuck

#15 Post by Chuck »

.. a gun can always help you get the stuff you don't have but need :lol:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!