Keep those Zombies at arms length

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Dangermouse

Keep those Zombies at arms length

#1 Post by Dangermouse »

Now we all know that getting too close to a rabid Zombie could have disastrous results, just a nick or scratch from those feral creatures will have you exorcised from the family home before you can say "Arghhh I'm peckish"!

So in an attempt not to be the next problem in the neighbourhood, perhaps you should be building one of these at home, so that you can keep the Zombies at arms length?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSU1jQoG ... r_embedded[/youtube]

(I really do miss not having a garden shed to escape to)

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Scotsgun

Re: Keep those Zombies at arms length

#2 Post by Scotsgun »

He's crap - no distance at all.....we were terrors when kids. 2 lengths of timber, a bungee cord and your mother's wooden clothes pegs made a deadly cross bow. No pigeon or crow was safe in our neighbourhood.
The real nasty buggers would drill a hole on the end of the wooden clothes pegs and mount the needle from cheap darts - the type with thick plastic bodies and flights, bought in woolworths.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

For us it was small unripe apples stuck on the end of about 30" of green wood stick, get the flick right and the apple was propelled at a good speed, never managed to hit crows with them but feck did they hurt if you got hit by an apple thrown from one.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Chuck

#4 Post by Chuck »

scotsgun, ||WOW that brings back memories. Like using a length of steel tube as a rocket launcher around guy Fawkes night....amazing directional control......
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Scotsgun

#5 Post by Scotsgun »

Ha, remember getting copper pipe and folding over one end? 2 parts weedkiller and 1 part icing sugar, packed down with a marble on top and set off. Amazing that i still have all of my fingers!
Doz
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Doz »

Many many moons ago a mate of mine had a bit of tyre-fitting equipment that I don't know the name of - a thing like a compressor air tank that would release all the stored air in one go to shock the tyre beads properly up on the rims. Anyway, he connected the end of the air pipe (which was about an inch and a half diameter) to one end of a scaffold tube and created what he called "the snow cannon". It was only fired once - a very hard packed ball of ice was fitted into the "muzzle" and rammed down with broom handle then he put the tube on his shoulder like an antitank weapon took aim at the red phone box across the road and hit the valve. Nowt if not spectacular, ashamed to say it went straight through the phonebox, out the other side and into the field beyond. We didn't fire it again...
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

Class :lol:

I remember hearing a tale of a spud gun of similar design that used water pipe and fired a suitably sized potato with butane as a propellant, apparently the first shot was taken at a sheep about 80m away in the next field.

Apparently it bowled the poor creature over and the spud gun was hastily dismantled..
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Scotsgun

#8 Post by Scotsgun »

Step 1. Fill rubber glove with acetylene gas
Step 2. Tie the cuff of the glove to seal
Step 3. Dowse glove in brake fluid
Step 4. Light brake fluid and hastily chuck the glove into bay where someone is working
Step 5. Duck!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I swear it lifts the roof off the garage!
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ah yes, also works with pipes of various diameter.

Years ago a mates brother filled a black plastic dustbin bag from an Oxyacetylene torch, tied it up and stuck it a huge circular bin, then tossed a match in...

The mate and I were in the next street up and when it went off we both ducked, it was an involuntary action. I remember car alarms going off, the ground literally shook and people out were looking around, I genuinely thought a bomb had gone off. My mate just shook his head and said that would be his brother being an ass.

Hot summers day, same brother, same bin - they had a few company cheque books to destroy and were ripping them up and burning them, the brother got bored, threw them all into the bin with a good glug of petrol, found some matches and tossed one in.

Apparently the bang was also quite impressive as he launched a few hundred flaming company cheques over the neighbourhood :lol: :lol:

Scariest part is he has guns as well!
/d

Shed Journal
Doz
Past Supporter

#10 Post by Doz »

All seemed like (relatively) harmless fun but imagine the reaction of public and constabulary now to stuff like that! :?