Doom Boom

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: Doom Boom

#11 Post by DaveB »

We are peppers at our house - not I hasten to add because of any zombie apocalypse. Rather it is the ever-present threat of earthquake that keeps us collecting food and water.

I am quite enjoying the lower oil prices. Fuel prices here are finally back to where they ought to have been all along. There never was any genuine reason for oil to go anywhere near US$100 a barrel.
Scotsgun

#12 Post by Scotsgun »

We used to add something to the fuel in the army. It supposedly kept if 'fresh.' Anyone know what it is and if it can be purchased?
BamBam

#13 Post by BamBam »

Fuel stabilizer, Briggs and Stratton, Sta-Bil are a few on the market. Their effectiveness after 12 months storage is dubious.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#14 Post by snayperskaya »

Illegal and dangerous stockpiling of car fuel contravenes the Petroleum (Consolidation) Act 1928, which allows the public to store up to 15 litres (3 gallons) of fuel in suitable and clearly-marked containers in the shed or garage for private use. Anything more requires a licence. Breaking the law may result in a £5000 fine. Businesses that store petrol in large quantities without local authority permission face an unlimited fine.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Mezzer
Home club or Range: Morecambe Rifle & Pistol Club

#15 Post by Mezzer »

snayperskaya wrote:Illegal and dangerous stockpiling of car fuel contravenes the Petroleum (Consolidation) Act 1928, which allows the public to store up to 15 litres (3 gallons) of fuel in suitable and clearly-marked containers in the shed or garage for private use. Anything more requires a licence. Breaking the law may result in a £5000 fine. Businesses that store petrol in large quantities without local authority permission face an unlimited fine.
If and when things start going pear-shaped big time, I think the last thing we'll be worried about is £5000 fines for storing in excess of 3 gallons of fuel. I have a small generator which I use constantly for work purposes and I know I have a couple of 5 gallon cans of fuel for it in my store. I doubt very much that I'm alone in this aspect. Some laws / regulations don't make a lot of sense.

Mezzer
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#16 Post by snayperskaya »

Mezzer wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:Illegal and dangerous stockpiling of car fuel contravenes the Petroleum (Consolidation) Act 1928, which allows the public to store up to 15 litres (3 gallons) of fuel in suitable and clearly-marked containers in the shed or garage for private use. Anything more requires a licence. Breaking the law may result in a £5000 fine. Businesses that store petrol in large quantities without local authority permission face an unlimited fine.
If and when things start going pear-shaped big time, I think the last thing we'll be worried about is £5000 fines for storing in excess of 3 gallons of fuel. I have a small generator which I use constantly for work purposes and I know I have a couple of 5 gallon cans of fuel for it in my store. I doubt very much that I'm alone in this aspect. Some laws / regulations don't make a lot of sense.

Mezzer
I totally agree, if the shtf no-one would worry and it would pretty soon be like MadMax with everyone looking for "guzzaline".........now where did i leave the V8 Interceptor?.
images (19).jpg
images (19).jpg (5.46 KiB) Viewed 3547 times
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
BamBam

#17 Post by BamBam »

If SHTF properly then the electricity will be off and without that there will be no water supply.
In Cormac McCarthy's The Road, the father, realising what's about to happen, fills their bathtub to the brim.
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#18 Post by meles meles »

With elektrikkery ?
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Chuck

#19 Post by Chuck »

You can store a lot more than 3 gallons legally - just fill the tank of an old car and park it up in the driveway, no law against that. ;)
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#20 Post by Demonic69 »

Chuck wrote:You can store a lot more than 3 gallons legally - just fill the tank of an old car and park it up in the driveway, no law against that. ;)
If you live on a council estate; 12 cars, 3 monkey bikes, 1 mini-moto, a quad and a trampoline.