Bug out: where?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Re: Bug out: where?

#41 Post by safetyfirst »

Dons tin hat.
Wapinschaw
Home club or Range: Aberdeen Full Bore Gun Club. Black Dog, Drums & Cairngall

#42 Post by Wapinschaw »

Gundoc wrote:You honestly believe that the powers that be will have the manpower to go door to door collecteing firearms and ammo while stretched to the limit by whatever problem has befallen the country??
I think they would try, although as I posted I think that in a really bad situation it would take some time to get going. The history of firearms legislation in the UK is what makes me think that, also one of the first actions of the local authorities following the hurricane and flooding of New Orleans was the confiscation of civilian firearms:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_ ... ne_Katrina

If that was possible in the USA given the strength of the firearms lobby, what chance here?
Blu

#43 Post by Blu »

Wapinschaw wrote:
Gundoc wrote:You honestly believe that the powers that be will have the manpower to go door to door collecteing firearms and ammo while stretched to the limit by whatever problem has befallen the country??
I think they would try, although as I posted I think that in a really bad situation it would take some time to get going. The history of firearms legislation in the UK is what makes me think that, also one of the first actions of the local authorities following the hurricane and flooding of New Orleans was the confiscation of civilian firearms:

If that was possible in the USA given the strength of the firearms lobby, what chance here?
However.
On September 23, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana issued a restraining order to bar further firearms confiscations
And.
Louisiana legislator Steve Scalise introduced Louisiana House Bill 760, which would prohibit confiscation of firearms in a state of emergency, unless the seizure is pursuant to the investigation of a crime, or if the seizure is necessary to prevent immediate harm to the officer or another individual. On June 8, 2006, HB 760 was signed into law. 21 other states joined Louisiana in enacting similar laws. A federal law prohibiting seizure of lawfully held firearms during an emergency, the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006, passed in the House with a vote of 322 to 99, and in the Senate by 84-16. The bill was signed into law by President Bush on October 9, 2006.
The State of Louisiana tried to deny that they had confiscated any firearms basically because they knew what they had done was illegal. I don't think it will happen again.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#44 Post by bradaz11 »

hmmmm, should i be stockpiling MRE's and water? and get solar panels fitted ASAP?

and ammo components obviously.....
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Wapinschaw
Home club or Range: Aberdeen Full Bore Gun Club. Black Dog, Drums & Cairngall

#45 Post by Wapinschaw »

Blu wrote:
Wapinschaw wrote:

However.
On September 23, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana issued a restraining order to bar further firearms confiscations
And.
Louisiana legislator Steve Scalise introduced Louisiana House Bill 760, which would prohibit confiscation of firearms in a state of emergency, unless the seizure is pursuant to the investigation of a crime, or if the seizure is necessary to prevent immediate harm to the officer or another individual. On June 8, 2006, HB 760 was signed into law. 21 other states joined Louisiana in enacting similar laws. A federal law prohibiting seizure of lawfully held firearms during an emergency, the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006, passed in the House with a vote of 322 to 99, and in the Senate by 84-16. The bill was signed into law by President Bush on October 9, 2006.
The State of Louisiana tried to deny that they had confiscated any firearms basically because they knew what they had done was illegal. I don't think it will happen again.
" I don't think it will happen again." Maybe not in Louisiana, "unless the seizure is pursuant to the investigation of a crime, or if the seizure is necessary to prevent immediate harm to the officer or another individual.". Plenty or wriggle room there. In the UK context much the same excuse would be used. There is little public awareness of, or support for, firearms owners here so confiscation would I believe be very likely. Anyone got a nice yew tree, bows don't need to be registered.............yet.
Blu

#46 Post by Blu »

Maybe not in Louisiana
Regardless of which State it is in the seizure of privately owned legal firearms is illegal under Federal law and has been since 2006. The law now stops the States seizing firearms in any $h!t hitting the fan scenarios.

The State of Louisiana screwed up when it started confiscating firearms, even then they found out doing so wasn't that easy, out of the possibly tens of thousands of privately owned firearms in that State they only manage to collect around 1000.

With regards to
unless the seizure is pursuant to the investigation of a crime, or if the seizure is necessary to prevent immediate harm to the officer or another individual.
That has always been the case here and has been long before Hurricane Katrina. What they can't do now is go door to door confiscating firearms of law abiding people citing a just in case thing or because a State Governor said so. Hell they can't even do it even if the President himself were to say go do it.

BTW, it was the strength of the firearms lobby that brought about the 2006 law in the first place.
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#47 Post by Demonic69 »

Can they not just declare Marshall law and do what they like? Hollywood says so!
Blu

#48 Post by Blu »

Demonic69 wrote:Can they not just declare Marshall law and do what they like? Hollywood says so!
Yeah gotta love Hollywood 8-)
Explosive
Home club or Range: Saskatchewan

#49 Post by Explosive »

meles meles wrote: Which country has the best gun laws and a society that will welcome you ?

CANADA !

In Saskatchewan almost everyone has guns. And they speak English, even the Indians.

Explosive
Home club or Range: Saskatchewan

#50 Post by Explosive »

A worldwide financial collapse is happening right now. It will get nasty.