Mass shootings

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Mass shootings

#51 Post by snayperskaya »

RDC wrote:The rolled and folded newspaper works, like polemass said. No one can stop you taking a newspaper anywhere.
The good ole "Millwall Brick".......

Tovarisch Froggy.......glad you said Bulgarian umbrellas as no KGB umbrellas involved in the demise of Mr Markov......move along Tovarischi, nothing to see!.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#52 Post by Geek »

I read about this book from a newspaper website, so I have just bought this for a read (only read to page 22 at the moment) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Be-Hero-Essent ... =be+a+hero.

So far, a good and interesting read.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Chuck

#53 Post by Chuck »

Is it for the US or UK market?

A lot of pages for "run hide tell" LOL Seriously though, US Homeland Security have a lot of stuff for FREE on the net.
active_shooter_pocket_card_508.pdf
(228.95 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
active_shooter_booklet HOMELAND SECURITY - Copy.pdf
(894.55 KiB) Downloaded 347 times

OR try

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=DHS+guide+to+ ... 4_b&ia=web
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
BALDYMONSTER
Home club or Range: Central Scotland Shooting School

#54 Post by BALDYMONSTER »

ordnance wrote:
Truth is, no one can predict how they'll react. No matter how well trained.
Very true is amuses me when people post what they would do in a similar situation, especially the macho responses.

I have to wholeheartedly agree with that tbh.

Unless you have trained and continue to train under real shock, fear and constant real intensive pressure you really have no idea at all how you would react.

And even if trained and regularly training for such things you are still likely to make mistakes and will lose access to your fine motor skills.

Not meant to flame in any way, just my take.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#55 Post by Dark Skies »

I'd grab the nearest torso sized child and use it as a human shield as I fled for my life. If the child survives, well, I'll be hailed a hero for rescuing it. If not well, I'll probably be hailed a hero for 'trying'. Said no Internet hero, ever.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
BALDYMONSTER
Home club or Range: Central Scotland Shooting School

#56 Post by BALDYMONSTER »

Dark Skies wrote:I'd grab the nearest torso sized child and use it as a human shield as I fled for my life. If the child survives, well, I'll be hailed a hero for rescuing it. If not well, I'll probably be hailed a hero for 'trying'. Said no Internet hero, ever.

^LOL.

You can't win in the internet that's for sure!
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#57 Post by Pippin89 »

Interesting to see if anyone's mind has been changed following on from the NZ shooting. I don't know if you have seen the full video but the guy has plenty of time to wander in and out of the various rooms finding anyone who is hiding to shoot them. He walks around the building several times making sure he got everyone. Going through piles of bodies to make sure they are all definitely dead. Hiding just isn't an option in almost any situation. Run or fight. That is all!

Just one person attempted to fight off the attacker, he did get killed but he got damn close to getting in a good hit. If there had been 1 more trying it then probably they would have managed to get him down and disarm him.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#58 Post by Dark Skies »

Pippin89 wrote:Interesting to see if anyone's mind has been changed following on from the NZ shooting. I don't know if you have seen the full video but the guy has plenty of time to wander in and out of the various rooms finding anyone who is hiding to shoot them. He walks around the building several times making sure he got everyone. Going through piles of bodies to make sure they are all definitely dead. Hiding just isn't an option in almost any situation. Run or fight. That is all!

Just one person attempted to fight off the attacker, he did get killed but he got damn close to getting in a good hit. If there had been 1 more trying it then probably they would have managed to get him down and disarm him.
Viewing the video is illegal in our heavily censored country - so not many people have seen it.
I've read the conspiracy theories and talk of editing his video with curious special effects.
But as I live in the UK I can't legally pursue the truth and formulate my own opinion - I have to a prefabricated narrative shoved down my throat ad nauseam by the approved media.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
ordnance

#59 Post by ordnance »

You are more likely to die in numerous other ways, worry about terrorist attacks if and when they happen. As for police obviously all UK police should be armed to protect themselves and the public.
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#60 Post by Daryll »

ordnance wrote:..... As for police obviously all UK police should be armed to protect themselves and the public.
Interesting you say that.... Yesterday myself and 11 other members of the gun club had a guided tour around the Police Firearms Officers Association museum.
The guy that runs it, who is the CEO of the association, (and ex-SO19), gave a very good tour, and obviously one of the questions he was asked was, "do you see a time when all Uk police will be armed".... his reply was a definate No....

Unless we want to go the US or European route, where the LEOs are pretty much given a gun along with their uniform, and 30 rnds a year practice with it, the Uk would never spend the amount needed to adequately equip and train every police officer to be armed.

Then there are those Officers who would simply not be suitable to carry firearms... and some of those do pass the firearms qualification, but don't last long...