Mass shootings

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
ordnance

Re: Mass shootings

#61 Post by ordnance »

Unless we want to go the US or European route, where the LEOs are pretty much given a gun along with their uniform, and 30 rnds a year practice with it, the Uk would never spend the amount needed to adequately equip and train every police officer to be armed.

Then there are those Officers who would simply not be suitable to carry firearms... and some of those do pass the firearms qualification, but don't last long...
You would wonder how the PSNI a UK police force seem to manage with all officers armed on and off duty without any issues. As for cost and training it could phased in over time starting with new recruits, a driving course costs more than the firearms course.

Police Service of Northern Ireland .

The total cost of the 2 week initial firearm course is £ 582.94

The total cost of the 3 week standard driving course is £663.29.
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#62 Post by IainWR »

I would very much hope that even the newest recruit to PSNI gets paid more than £291.47 a week. Those figures are patently nowhere near inclusive of all costs.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#63 Post by breacher »

IainWR wrote:

I would very much hope that even the newest recruit to PSNI gets paid more than £291.47 a week. Those figures are patently nowhere near inclusive of all costs.
That is not a pay rate.

That is the cost ( per officer ) of running the course.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
the running man

#64 Post by the running man »

What would i do in a mass shooting? Well different circumstances would produce different reaction's, ide like to think that idea stay cool and have time enough to react......the sit rep of the shooter or shooters will be confused as in any combat situation.....charging a would be gunman with some kind of weapon may work,it may not.

I'm pretty sure if someone charged Mike Ryan he would have become afraid enough for a moment's pause,enough perhaps to punch him in the face so hard you break your wrist.....but would that work on some drugged up crazy extremist? Or if they guy or gal is built like a brick s*** house? What if it worked only for you to be facing down the barrell of his mate?

"Dash down crawl observe sights return fire" springs to mind from old,but I doubt in a shooting any of us would be armed?

Ide love to think that perhaps I could disarm one and shoot the rest with his gun and save the day! But one can only dream!

It would be all about circumstance, family with you? Nowhere to run? Locked in? Loads of shooters? Imenant death?

Hard thing to judge theoretically..
Always judge a person by how they treat someone that is of no use to them......
etonwick
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

#65 Post by etonwick »

Let's all be realistic - there is virtually NOTHING that you can plan for. if you prepare for a mass shooting, you'll be attacked with a knife. If you prepare for home invasion, you'll be caught out in the street. If you use a licenced firearm to defend yourself against aggressors, you are just as likely to be prosecuted yourself. We are 'fortunate' in the UK that such incidents are comparatively few and far between (depending on where you live, of course). That might sound defeatist - I make no apology for that - but thinking that we'll all turn into John Rambo is, I think, just an illusion. as for using staplers and office equipment ... I cannot even begin to fathom the sort of deluded mind that dreamt that one up!
Cheers

etonwick

"A buck in books saves a grand in stupid!" - Mark Novak, Gunsmith.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#66 Post by Pete »

I think it was Frank Zappa (the Mothers of Invention) who said the quickest way to stop a fight was to pop your opponents eye out.............

And how do you check someone's religion?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....