Mass shootings

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Chuck

Re: Mass shootings

#21 Post by Chuck »

good post froggy. Give an inch and they'll take the lot!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#22 Post by mag41uk »

At Calais why don't they park up a few artics that are easy to get into, let the buggers climb in,close the doors and drive them off to somewhere ending in stan?
toffe wrapper

#23 Post by toffe wrapper »

Chuck
I would just wave at them unless they use RPG's my building is secure.

It looks like the building in France had poor entry security for one containing such a target.
It should not have been possible for them to force a staff member to let them in. Bad news for the one outside but good news for the many inside and very simple to design into any building. I am assuming they had to get let in because windows etc. were rated and could not be just smashed.
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#24 Post by dodgyrog »

mag41uk wrote:At Calais why don't they park up a few artics that are easy to get into, let the buggers climb in,close the doors and drive them off to somewhere ending in stan?
Atlantic-stan??? lol
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Gundoc
Home club or Range: Triple C Tactical

#25 Post by Gundoc »

I'm going to be honest, if they've got into my workplace without being slotted by the armed guards then I'm afraid I'll have to grab the bayonet off the work bench and go medieval.
Although I think the ex Gurkha whose bench is in front of the door might put them off a little....

As to it happening in a normal place. Scary times. I'd be tempted to try and get inside their zone to throw them off. Truth is, no one can predict how they'll react. No matter how well trained.
Yes, I work for Lantac.
ordnance

#26 Post by ordnance »

[quote]Truth is, no one can predict how they'll react. No matter how well trained.[quote] Very true is amuses me when people post what they would do in a similar situation, especially the macho responses.
JRN
Home club or Range: CAM TIR, Magnac Laval France

#27 Post by JRN »

The best advice as I see it is to remain vigilant at all times wherever you are, in the workplace, public transport, social event etc, do not take anything for granted, report anything suspicious no matter how significant, let the authorities decide if it matters. It is a sorry state of affairs if this is how we have to live but it appears to be the world as we know it. Recent events have shown that attacks on the public at large have been well planned both in the UK and Europe with public transport being primary targets, I am sure we will witness more of the same, and our best defence is public awareness alternately go live on some remote island!!!!!
SevenSixTwo

#28 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Surely the police will protect us... right?

Here's some ACPO advice:
Attachments
RUNHIDE.jpg
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
RobB
Home club or Range: Cuckfield Rifle Club and OSM (Bisley)

#29 Post by RobB »

Anyone who commutes via London Bridge (the picture was of an deserted station-definitely NOT London Bridge) will tell you you won't be able to run. I've never seen a crowd packed in like sardines be able to run.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#30 Post by bradaz11 »

RobB wrote:Anyone who commutes via London Bridge (the picture was of an deserted station-definitely NOT London Bridge) will tell you you won't be able to run. I've never seen a crowd packed in like sardines be able to run.
i was going thru bank / monument last night on the way to the classic car motor show at the NEC, and i said exactly the same thing about there, its a bloody maze down there!
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns