The bug out bag

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

The bug out bag

#1 Post by safetyfirst »

Ok folks.

You've got a family to keep alive. For one of a thousand reasons you can no longer rely on the state or municipal services.

No power, no water, no NHS, no shops.

You've got a single bag you can carry comfortably on your back that you keep squirrelled away with some notes on the calendar to replace perishables in the bag.

There's lots to consider. What do you need the most, what is for your own family, what is a stash for trade?

This being FB you have your go to item from the cabinet already mentally selected.

Of course I want to know what this is, this isn't a paranoid preppers forum, it's a bunch of gun geeks so please add an addendum at the bottom of your list as to the why and wherefore of your survival firearm of choice.

But mostly I want to know:

What's in the bag.

;)
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: The bug out bag

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

Magazines, to feed the gun i've got in my hands, while i'm looking out of a window in the building i'm not leaving! lol

King kong would have to be coming down the street before i would consider 'bugging out' in this country.
DVC
Mezzer
Home club or Range: Morecambe Rifle & Pistol Club

#3 Post by Mezzer »

Ammo, ammo and more ammo (and perhaps a couple of Mars bars :-)

Mezzer
DL.

#4 Post by DL. »

In the bag would be-
water purification tablets for the time being until a reliable source of drinking water could be found,
flexible water carrier,
antibiotics,
knife fork spoon & metal mug,
small medical kit,
basha,
paracord,
space blankets,
survival tin including a fire steel,
small fiskars hatchet,
bahco fold away saw,
a good knife nothing smaller than a gerber gator or a fixed blade - hultafors or tougher,
Leatherman,
500 rounds of winchester .22lr hollowpoint subsonic,
spare mags/oil/wrench for the rifle.

We're probably up to about a 45L rucksack now. I think I'd rather have a bug out campervan!
tackb

#5 Post by tackb »

if this were to happen there would be a build up of some kind so I would prepare then , the car would be packed and everything would be packaged in progressively more portable bags to keep my options open , I would also be hiding stuff to return to if required.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#6 Post by safetyfirst »

Nice list! Tackb, then point of a bug our bag is that you get it all ready BEFORE everyone panic buys survival supplies ;)

I'm collating lists from various places, trying to find those "aha" items you'd always forget.
Will post the final list if it all
Comes together!
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#7 Post by Demonic69 »

safetyfirst wrote: This being FB you have your go to item from the cabinet already mentally selected.
So now your safety is at risk you're allowed to carry, funny that ;-)
Dougan

#8 Post by Dougan »

safetyfirst wrote:I'm collating lists from various places, trying to find those "aha" items you'd always forget.
I've always carried a small mirror in my first aid kit - it's been invaluable over the years; from splinters in the eye to boils on the arse...you can't treat it if you can't see it ;)
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#9 Post by safetyfirst »

Yes demonic, see my last post to the other thread. Once that society and the security it affords you is gone, of course your protection falls to you.

More importantly, given you're on this thread now doing some safetybaiting, what's your pick of your cabinet?

;)
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#10 Post by safetyfirst »

Good for signalling too a mirror, and for spotting snipers... I was wondering about a magnifying lens too...