10,000 BC

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
DL.

10,000 BC

#1 Post by DL. »

Living the dream! Well maybe they aren't.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/10000-bc
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: 10,000 BC

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

I have a hoarse throat from shouting at the TV watching it. I don't think my blood pressure can take much more lol That 'poacher' bloke has a few screws loose, crying on day 2 because he misses central heating, not being able to comprehend that talking at normal levels during the night might pi$$ people off and that boar 'trap'..... lol And don't even get me started on that gimp that thought it was acceptable to take a dump right next to one of the huts.... :squirrel:

Looking forward to see what consequences there might be to those idiots washing fly larve ridden meat in their only water source 5mith
DVC
$harp$hooter
Home club or Range: Bury Rifle Club

#3 Post by $harp$hooter »

Started watching it the other night and although the concept of such a show really appeals to me, the caliber of people they cast really takes away from the challenge in and of itself.

Maybe it's the purist in me but it would be nice to see a program of this ilk casted with people who have a genuine affinity with the outdoors and more than just a "think I can" attitude. To take people who have no clue and drop them to fend for themselves for 2 months, really makes it a 10000 BC big brother kind of show, rather than one made to give semi-skilled hobbyists the chance to really test themselves
"Life - It is what it is"
Outsider

#4 Post by Outsider »

$harp$hooter wrote:Started watching it the other night and although the concept of such a show really appeals to me, the caliber of people they cast really takes away from the challenge in and of itself.

Maybe it's the purist in me but it would be nice to see a program of this ilk casted with people who have a genuine affinity with the outdoors and more than just a "think I can" attitude. To take people who have no clue and drop them to fend for themselves for 2 months, really makes it a 10000 BC big brother kind of show, rather than one made to give semi-skilled hobbyists the chance to really test themselves
Unfortunately, television executives and such don't think we're the sort of market to cater to. It's like that Time Commanders TV show the BBC ran where initially they had ex-military and wargamers and such on, but it turned out to be 'better television' to grab a pack of idiots who didn't know anything and expect them to try and control a historical battle.

Dysfunction and drama apparently get more people to watch than endeavour and knowledge.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#5 Post by 20series »

Big Brother mentality I'm afraid wallhead wallhead
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
DL.

#6 Post by DL. »

I'm surprised at who's left! Against the odds I would have thought.
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#7 Post by Gazoo »

I haven't seen this one but have seen a similar thing called naked.
Now I know what you are thinking but I spend my working life on a dutch ship in various locations and if there is one thing not missing from the telly , it's a bit of naked lady. No I tuned in cos a, it's in English (USA) and b, it is about surviving with nothing in different places, literally left on a beach naked, 1 man 1 woman.
USA reality shows are really crap and scripted and all that but this was interesting.
Man =ex marine RECON (he said it many times) woman= no job, naturist and tree hugger from Hawaii, given a survival coeffient (?) number at start then at finish. Obvious who is going to win YES? they need to survive 21 days.
Day 1, 6'2 muscular Recon SEAL, fair hair and freckles starts digging big hole for water , tree hugging woman starts weaving hat out of palm leaves and gathers coconuts, end of day, no water but nice hat and coconut drink, man slags woman off.
Day 2, man continues digging, woman makes palm shawl and skirt, collects coconuts and find material washed up to make a rude bra thingy. end of day man still has no water but now is extremely sunburnt, whines as he is drinking coconut juice and eating coconut . woman comfotable.
Day 3 - 10 man lies in shadeunable to move because of sun burn and whines about woman only supplying coconut to eat and drink, mean time woman has built shelter and climbs very high trees to get nuts each day.
Day 11, man makes fishing spear to get fish off coral reef, woman has made bark slippers and tells man he will cut himself, man ignores and tries for an eel which escapes and he shouts, "im cut"woman catches eel by braining it with a rock, end of day they eat eel and coconut, drink coconut juice and man whines. Woman tells camera she is sick of carrying him.
Day 12 ish man continues digging hole and finally comes up with goods but water is very cloudy with lots of animal life in it. man drinks long from well and states all good, woman continues with coconuts, next 4-5 days man crap and vomits 24/7, woman left with all the work to do.
Woman has a go at man cos she steps into his diarrhoea right beside the shelter, he whines what else am i supposed to do im not well.
I couldnt stop watching this jackass RECON - semper fi - hooharr weight lifting , useless dick head.
She actually said to him , I thought you seals knew about survival, and he said survival to me is when some guy is shooting at me and im shooting at him.......what an idiot, RECON!!!
The woman actually made light work of it , very entertaining but I was shouting at the telly as well.
Alea Jacta Est
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#8 Post by Demonic69 »

It's called naked and afraid, one of my favourite shows lately :-)
It's always surprising which out of the pair does the best
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#9 Post by Gazoo »

So you like to see people afraid , do you ????
Alea Jacta Est
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#10 Post by Demonic69 »

No officer...