Basic Survival Skill

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

Re: Basic Survival Skill

#11 Post by Airbrush »

Tin can + concrete + friction = open tin can. goodjob
Maggot

#12 Post by Maggot »

Airbrush wrote:Tin can + concrete + friction = open tin can. goodjob
Or in yoru case crack open another bag of werthers clapclap
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#13 Post by snayperskaya »

bradaz11 wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:The only things that comes out of "tins" in our house are either 54r or x39....
who doesn't like a good tin of baked beans or tuna/salmon! pilchards on toast = yum. all tinned
Ok, with the exception of baked beans and spaghetti hoops :good:....... I'd rather eat my own sick than eat tinned salmon! troutslapping
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Chuck

#14 Post by Chuck »

Tinned fish, pot fish - any fish ....YEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH! 5mith
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#15 Post by DaveB »

Anybody who, when provided with a suitable tool, can't open the can is too stupid to be allowed to live.
Mezzer
Home club or Range: Morecambe Rifle & Pistol Club

#16 Post by Mezzer »

Darwinism is the answer!
Fewer idiots and unproductive mouths to feed can only be a good thing.

Mezzer
Scotsgun

#17 Post by Scotsgun »

snayperskaya wrote: Ok, with the exception of baked beans and spaghetti hoops :good:....... I'd rather eat my own sick than eat tinned salmon! troutslapping
In a survival situation you would eat your own sick and pray for a can of tinned salmon. I thought I knew hunger when on a survival course but that was nothing compared to those I saw suffering in the Balkans. No doubt there are those here who have witnessed worse.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#18 Post by snayperskaya »

Scotsgun wrote:
snayperskaya wrote: Ok, with the exception of baked beans and spaghetti hoops :good:....... I'd rather eat my own sick than eat tinned salmon! troutslapping
In a survival situation you would eat your own sick and pray for a can of tinned salmon. I thought I knew hunger when on a survival course but that was nothing compared to those I saw suffering in the Balkans. No doubt there are those here who have witnessed worse.
In a survival situation that meant the difference between life and death there probably wouldn't be much I wouldn't eat, I'm aware of that........but as long as civilisation exists and the sun comes up every morning you won't catch me eating tinned salmon, or fresh salmon come to think of it :good:

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

Scotsgun

#19 Post by Scotsgun »

You're worse than the wife. She won't touch any venison, duck, goose, boar or fish I put on the table but she'll happily tuck into a sausage or crappy sausage roll.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#20 Post by snayperskaya »

Scotsgun wrote:You're worse than the wife. She won't touch any venison, duck, goose, boar or fish I put on the table but she'll happily tuck into a sausage or crappy sausage roll.
lol, salmon is pretty much the only fish I won't eat, will eat pretty much anything meat-wise :good: