one knife!

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: one knife!

#51 Post by froggy »

Great plan Geek, sounds like he will have a splendid WE :good:
My son's Winter Solstice present was a Mora in a trad scandi style leather sheath for similar reason/situation ;)
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#52 Post by Geek »

froggy wrote:Great plan Geek, sounds like he will have a splendid WE :good:
My son's Winter Solstice present was a Mora in a trad scandi style leather sheath for similar reason/situation ;)
I bought my son one of these for our little trip (reminds me that I must book it tonight), TOPS CUB - https://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/top ... 5141-p.asp
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
nic

#53 Post by nic »

I have a D that i carried through 16 of my 17 years service... was lucky enough that before joining up I did some work for Inland Revenue collecting cheques for PAYE tax and Wilkinson Sword was one of the companies i visited..... a little begging and I got one for very little money... still my go to knife
IlIHYPERIONIlI
Home club or Range: Greenock & district

#54 Post by IlIHYPERIONIlI »

One knife to do everything is a tough choice. I recently picked up a Schrade something or other, great knife, good steel and solidly built, the only thing I'd say is it's maybe a bit big and thick for intricate work but for batoning and general use it'll take any punishment you would throw at it. After trying a few different knives I'm planning to just forge my own to my specifications.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#55 Post by Pippin89 »

Holy thread resurrection batman! But while we are at it... I have a lot of knives. Some expensive, some cheap. And honest, I would go with one of the cheap ones. A Morakniv that cost about £20. Scandi grind and tough as old boots.
I have used it to carve wood, skin a rabbit, cut rope etc. Even hammered it through a steel nail and the edge held up fine.
Just as a bonus, the spine acts as a flint striker too!