Intelligence

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
DL.

Intelligence

#1 Post by DL. »

It occurred to me recently, in an end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it situation one thing that seems to be overlooked is having access to intelligence.

There's no point in having prepared extensively with supplies and a bug out location if the movement of unfriendly people and the threat level haven't been considered.
Explosive
Home club or Range: Saskatchewan

Re: Intelligence

#2 Post by Explosive »

A depression much greater than anything experienced before has already started, it will be a far different world in the very near future. The only intelligence you need is the intelligence to relocate RIGHT NOW.
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#3 Post by dodgyrog »

I've read a couple of worrying articles that we are in for a major financial crash again!
As someone who lives on a pension it all gets very worrying
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
TomH
Site Supporter Since 2017
Home club or Range: ORPC

#4 Post by TomH »

DL. wrote:It occurred to me recently, in an end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it situation one thing that seems to be overlooked is having access to intelligence.

There's no point in having prepared extensively with supplies and a bug out location if the movement of unfriendly people and the threat level haven't been considered.
Define unfriendly. If you have food and others do not and they want it, are they unfriendly? Trouble is, the general populace don't have food stocks like say our grandparents perhaps had. There are no more larders, a sub weekly shop is commonplace. Things would get ugly very quickly. Forget roving bands of certain "communities", it may be your neighbour who is now "unfriendly".
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

When we moved to the Wolds we decided to hold a minimum of three months worth of tinned and dry stuffs and right now we probably have about six weeks worth for the two of us however the choice of meals would get very tedious towards the end of the period.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
TomH
Site Supporter Since 2017
Home club or Range: ORPC

#6 Post by TomH »

Ovenpaa wrote:When we moved to the Wolds we decided to hold a minimum of three months worth of tinned and dry stuffs and right now we probably have about six weeks worth for the two of us however the choice of meals would get very tedious towards the end of the period.
But, I'm guessing that's for severe weather. What chaos would follow a winter of 1947 proportions with electricity generation nationally at about 5% spare capacity and most people having no back-up source of heating/lighting? No power = no cash points = no electronic tills = chaos....
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

Yes, it is just on case there is another Winter 2010 type event where the village was cut off for a few days. I can do without electricity however food and heat are quite important so we have fuel, a wood burning stove, bottled water and it would give me a reason if ever one was needed to head out across the fields.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Explosive

#8 Post by Explosive »

dodgyrog wrote:I've read a couple of worrying articles that we are in for a major financial crash again!
As someone who lives on a pension it all gets very worrying
You are right to be worried. The great depression of the 30's was a localised affair, this time it's world wide and of an vast scale. Get a store of food and necessities as big as you can manage now, don't leave it until the panic starts. You will need lead and a means to deliver it.

If you have any cash that you can spare buy gold or silver, it will hold it's value. Paper will soon be worthless.

Good luck
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#9 Post by safetyfirst »

Explosive. You seem to be convinced we'll soon be cracking open each others skulls to feast on the sweet goo inside, you're clearly well prepared, what preparations have you made?

One thing I always meant to look up was which broad spectrum antibiotics have the best shelf life.
Explosive

#10 Post by Explosive »

safetyfirst wrote:Explosive. You seem to be convinced we'll soon be cracking open each others skulls to feast on the sweet goo inside, you're clearly well prepared, what preparations have you made?

One thing I always meant to look up was which broad spectrum antibiotics have the best shelf life.
I am convinced that things will soon be very bad. I have been watching this event grow for the last 15 years. 15 years ago I became aware that there was a big crash coming the likes of which has not been seen since the collapse of the Roman empire, only this time it will be bigger.

As for my own preparations..... I have a new house in an isolated place with a 7 acre yard with 6' high fence and a guard dog. I have my own well, and wood burning stove. I have food to last two years, and I have secured the value of my cash by buying gold and silver. I have the means to defend myself and am not shy about letting people know that. Only an idiot would bother me.