RBS Warning

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
DL.

Re: RBS Warning

#21 Post by DL. »

Explosive wrote:What's better, paper or metal ? :)
I've got two Canadian Maple Leaves one in gold and one in silver. I thought I had made sufficient preparation in this respect, but you clearly have taken it to the next level! lol
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#22 Post by Kungfugerbil »

There's nothing wrong with owning some precious metal - it makes you feel better than a line on a spreadsheet. I'm not sure of the 'barter' argument that it's the most precious commodity come the end of the world though; in a breakdown situation I would rather have a bin bag full of bog roll, tinned tuna and .308 ammo than a shiny gold coin...
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#23 Post by Gazoo »

Yes come the revolution, lead will be worth more than gold....... "we're all doooooomed"
Alea Jacta Est
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#24 Post by snayperskaya »

images.jpg
images.jpg (16.94 KiB) Viewed 2787 times
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#25 Post by dromia »

We are all doomed from the day of our birth, why worry about it?

It is only a question of when and how, not if.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Explosive
Home club or Range: Saskatchewan

#26 Post by Explosive »

Kungfugerbil wrote:There's nothing wrong with owning some precious metal - it makes you feel better than a line on a spreadsheet. I'm not sure of the 'barter' argument that it's the most precious commodity come the end of the world though; in a breakdown situation I would rather have a bin bag full of bog roll, tinned tuna and .308 ammo than a shiny gold coin...

It's just a store of value, nothing more, I think silver more useful for barter than gold. It was the last thing I needed to take care of, now everything is done.

I now have the time to have a nice relaxing poo and a nice cup of tea. teanews
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#27 Post by snayperskaya »

Explosive wrote:
I now have the time to have a nice relaxing poo and a nice cup of tea. teanews
My nephew is 8 and he's grown out of using the word "poo".....
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
RDC

#28 Post by RDC »

Explosive wrote:
Kungfugerbil wrote:There's nothing wrong with owning some precious metal - it makes you feel better than a line on a spreadsheet. I'm not sure of the 'barter' argument that it's the most precious commodity come the end of the world though; in a breakdown situation I would rather have a bin bag full of bog roll, tinned tuna and .308 ammo than a shiny gold coin...

It's just a store of value, nothing more, I think silver more useful for barter than gold. It was the last thing I needed to take care of, now everything is done.

It is only a store of value if there is still an established civilisation that values it. When the world is collapsing round you, your gold and silver is only as valuable as someone is willing to give you for it. I'm very much of the belief that in such a situation, people won't be interested in something like a gold coin when eat it, wipe your backside with it, nor use it to kill something to eat.

Why would people give you stuff from thier dwindling vital supplies for a bit of metal that doesn't do anything?
Explosive
Home club or Range: Saskatchewan

#29 Post by Explosive »

RDC wrote:
Explosive wrote:

It is only a store of value if there is still an established civilisation that values it. When the world is collapsing round you, your gold and silver is only as valuable as someone is willing to give you for it. I'm very much of the belief that in such a situation, people won't be interested in something like a gold coin when eat it, wipe your backside with it, nor use it to kill something to eat.

Why would people give you stuff from thier dwindling vital supplies for a bit of metal that doesn't do anything?

As I have said time and again gold is just a store of value, nothing else. Gold and silver have stood the test of time, 5000 years and more. Empires have come and gone, and countless currencies have collapsed, indeed EVERY currency collapses, gold and silver are still with us, and still sought after.

Taking care of finances is the last thing a person needs to worry about in a shtf situation, it needs to be done in advance. .......................... It's no good waiting until your arse is on fire before deciding to dig your well.

PS, And if it never happens you have lost nothing :)
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#30 Post by Gazoo »

RDC wrote:
Explosive wrote:

:good: totally agree, hence the lead remark.... who was it wanting to make silver bullets recently ?? maybe thats what they were thinking !!
Alea Jacta Est