How much is fuel in the UK ?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: How much is fuel in the UK ?

#11 Post by dromia »

A cwt bag of coal had to last us for years, it sat in the corner and if you were cold you put the bugger on your back and ran round the living room with it, that soon warmed you up.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#12 Post by waterford103 »

When I first bought petrol for my motorbike in 1964 it was 3shillings and 10pence per gallon , that's about 20p in new money , I was earning £9 and 10 shillings a week so petrol wasn't really a problem , mind you a pint of mild was a shilling ;¬))
:flag13: :flag13:
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Geordie bloke

#13 Post by Geordie bloke »

dromia wrote:A cwt bag of coal had to last us for years, it sat in the corner and if you were cold you put the bugger on your back and ran round the living room with it, that soon warmed you up.
You had coal? You must have been born with a silver spoon in your mouth and lived in Darras Hall and got your servants to put the coal on their backs to run around for you!
We on the other hand were given one piece of coal for Christmas which became the family 'heirloom' and remember, a piece of coal is not just for Christmas, it is for life! I eeked out my piece of coal for 12 years and it became my only friend in my humdrum sad little life. I called him Gerald before I had to let him go to a better place (the fireplace) but he burned so brightly (a tear is running down my grizzled face as I type).
Ah Well, time for a lukewarm cup of water. Ciaou.
Explosive
Home club or Range: Saskatchewan

#14 Post by Explosive »

dromia wrote:Aye with all this global warming they don't know what climate is, when I were a lad the winters used to get that cold that the flames in the fire would freeze solid.

snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#15 Post by snayperskaya »

Explosive wrote:
dromia wrote:Aye with all this global warming they don't know what climate is, when I were a lad the winters used to get that cold that the flames in the fire would freeze solid.

"At last Dave had perfected the ability to catch 75mm tracer projectiles mid-flight!!!"
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#16 Post by dromia »

Darras hall my arse, it were Brora which used to have the oldest working coal pit in Europe.

My dad got that coal out by hard graft working in a 3/4" seam with his bare hands under 12' of water doing 28 hour a day shifts.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#17 Post by froggy »

Still too expensive for that much desired Ford Mustang's appetite .... :bad:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Geordie bloke

#18 Post by Geordie bloke »

dromia wrote:Darras hall my arse, it were Brora which used to have the oldest working coal pit in Europe.

My dad got that coal out by hard graft working in a 3/4" seam with his bare hands under 12' of water doing 28 hour a day shifts.

He had is soft. My dad was pressed to death so he fitted/slid into a 1/4 inch seam which was filled will lethal Piranha fish which were also inserted into his trousers before the shift. He was expected to remain down there for 98 hours every day for a year before he was allowed to surface. He had to clear 70 tonnes of coal every shift and had to leave his wife and kids as collateral in the Coal Board prison. The warders had the rights to bugger the wife and kids (you get to like it after a while apparently) and to skin the childrens arms for lamp shades for the Wardens wife.
When he did finish the shift, he had to spend another six months depressurising otherwise he would explode.
If he did explode, then the wife and remaining children would have to clear the lot up with their tongues and eat the remnants as they were not allowed foodstuffs in said prison.
For his holidays he had to crawl through the Coal Board offices sewer pipes pulling his children (us) along as a pull through to scrape off the executive s***. Once this had been done, the brown colour of said s*** made us look as though we had spent 2 weeks in Benidorm and we were the envy of our street.
Your turn lol
dromia
Site Admin

#19 Post by dromia »

My dad kept working down the pit after he died!

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#20 Post by safetyfirst »