Zombie rot down times?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
25Pdr
Past Supporter

Re: Zombie rot down times?

#11 Post by 25Pdr »

Some are taking an unusually long time to rot down, wish they would hurry up.

ImageImageImageImage

:D :D
Gazza

#12 Post by Gazza »

25Pdr wrote:Some are taking an unusually long time to rot down, wish they would hurry up.

ImageImageImageImage

:D :D
Dunno, Gordon is rendering down well I'd say clapclap
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#13 Post by safetyfirst »

I think the effect the virus had on the body's systems could have a significant impact too.
Gazza

#14 Post by Gazza »

christel wrote:Fact: Zombies can't run...running is something Hollywood invented.

Use .22lr...much better than a shotgun, easier to carry.

Just because your village is infected and slowly grinding to a halt does not mean the rest of the world is following suit at the same pace...therefore you cannot sit and wait.
Some fair points there but I'd say the rimfire and the strategicaly shortened (within limits :D ) shotgun would both have their place for both medium ranges and confined spaces.

Your point about the village having already rotted down and is now a safer place is a good one and it could be safe to say that your zombie free zone is now expanding outwards as time goes on with new infections at a distance already beginning to wain before a new threat is even considered?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

My preference would be a rimfire, semi automatic, short with sound moderator and some spare mags which we just happen to have and has been affectionately named 'The Company Rimfire' I keep meaning to add a decent spotlight and remote switch so it can be used in any light conditions, an NV would be too much to go wrong. You can easily carry 500 rounds per coat pocket and should be able to scavenge more if needed.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#16 Post by Dellboy »

2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#17 Post by meles meles »

Didn't they used to be called "Party Conferences"?
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
RDC

#18 Post by RDC »

Dellboy wrote:Anyone tried one of these
http://zombieexperiences.co.uk/encounters/
I've done one at the Manor. It wasn't the commercial experience days they normally run but one for airsofters with 3 teams trying to do thier objectives with zombies in the mix. Getting 'bit' meant you had to turn. It was actually really good fun! Plenty of 'oh poo' moments with the slide locks back on your pistol and there are still loads of them.

I've spent years wandering round derelict buildings in various parts of the world, it's a bit different when the bangs and crashes are something trying to 'eat' you.