Eden

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
DL.

Eden

#1 Post by DL. »

In the main a bunch of workshy feckless barstewards?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/eden ... /63315-001
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Eden

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

Watched 10 minutes then had to turn it off when the yoga instructors and the like started appearing. Also seems to be another half-arsed one like that 10,000BC where they were supposed to be living like 'cave men' but they weren't even allowed to hunt land animals 8-)
DVC
DL.

#3 Post by DL. »

I too raised an eyebrow when I saw that malingerer.

This should be better than 10,000 BC as they aren't attempting to prove they can live in the stone age. As they have all the tools they need to make a good life for themselves it's purely the social aspect/work ethic that stands to be their undoing.

Off the top of my head there was castaway 2000 and Utopia US that followed a broadly similar theme.
markS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove small arms

#4 Post by markS »

Just watched the first episode.

It's difficult to tell whether the 'drama' is all down to the editing or personality conflicts.
It could be quite an interesting setup as they have good mix of people - including some with more practical skills - and it could be interesting to see what they can actually achieve.

I think I'll watch the next one or two and see. My hopes aren't high though.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#5 Post by saddler »

The ones that are treating the place as a badly equipped Butlins are possibly in for a shock...

Too few workers (& folk willing or ABLE to graft) & too many committee meetings!
RDC

#6 Post by RDC »

Problem with shows like this is it will never be realistic. Laws exist, as do rules imposed by the production company.
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

You have to sign in in order to watch it!?
DL.

#8 Post by DL. »

Yes, these days you do have to be registered for an 'on demand' account to watch programs on their website.

It's free, well I've been signed up for a few years now, and never paid anything. Downside is, they're wise to ad-blocker plus.

I have high hopes for Eden, I expect to see many of the weaker characters fall by the wayside as things get harder and the weather punishes them.