Flies and zombies?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Flies and zombies?

#11 Post by snayperskaya »

Daryll wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:I would hazard a guess that mozzies wouldn't spread the infection, in the same way they don't spread HIV.......
But isn't one of the premises of the series, is that everyone already has the virus, but it only starts working when you die..??
Never seen it so I wouldn't know.......
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Gazza

#12 Post by Gazza »

Wether they have the virus before they zombify or not doesnt explain the lack of flies.
Even just a few now and then would offer a bit more realism.
Film makers of African tribe people have nailed it with their footage, flies all over them and they are'nt even dead. teanews
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#13 Post by Dellboy »

snayperskaya wrote:I would hazard a guess that mozzies wouldn't spread the infection, in the same way they don't spread HIV.......

Another thing I've said all along is if this zombie stuff was hypothetically real then surely anything that runs, crawls or flies and feeds on dead flesh would very quickly reduce the walking dead to a pile of bones!!!???.

often wondered why mozzies dont sread HIV or is that what we are told .......
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Gazza

#14 Post by Gazza »

Dellboy wrote:

Another thing I've said all along is if this zombie stuff was hypothetically real then surely anything that runs, crawls or flies and feeds on dead flesh would very quickly reduce the walking dead to a pile of bones!!!???.

often wondered why mozzies dont sread HIV or is that what we are told .......
I would have thought that if they spread malaria (blood disease) then they would transfer all blood diseases.
I could be wrong anmd probably are teanews
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#15 Post by snayperskaya »

Gazza wrote:
I would have thought that if they spread malaria (blood disease) then they would transfer all blood diseases.
I could be wrong anmd probably are teanews
I found this.......

"There are some important factors which have proven that AIDS is not transmitted by mosquito bite. These factors are: (1) AIDS virus can not replicate inside the mosquito, bed bug, flea, or other blood sucking insect and the lack of replication of HIV in arthropod cells due to lack of T4 antigen on cell surface, and (2) it is unlikely that HIV is transmitted by insects, given the low infectivity of HIV and the short survival of the virus in the mosquito. HIV appears to be much less easily transmitted probably due to lower titers of virus in body fluids. So, on the basis of experimental evidence and probability estimates, it has been concluded that the likelihood of mechanical or biological transmission of HIV by insects is virtually nonexistent."
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#16 Post by Blackstuff »

Nevermind the flies
Attachments
Grass.jpg
Grass.jpg (18.72 KiB) Viewed 3606 times
DVC
cthulhu3
Home club or Range: settle rifle club yorkshire

#17 Post by cthulhu3 »

My main problem with it is the long stretches of episodes where nothing happens then suddenly its all,

bang bang
chop
bang
sadism
really questionable moment

bang bang

then 3 more episodes off dull.

Sad to say i need a plot with development and pace