What is the validity of Zombie related forums and posts?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
ColinR
Home club or Range: FCSA (UK), FDPC, NRA Member, Bisley

Re: What is the validity of Zombie related forums and posts?

#11 Post by ColinR »

froggy wrote:You have a valid point ColinR :good:

Zombie Outbreak is something serious shooters should plan for ? Why not Aliens

Accurate guns are needed to guarranty "head-shots" , read "brain", in the case of zombies, whereas any old shotgun will do for hitting Aliens in vital mass zone, except those peksy Aliens that bleed acid of course ... You see there is more to it that meet the eyes, hence the need for serious discussions ...
Little pink piggies floating down from the sky ? Not sure, but, I 'll ask my mate Mohamed what he thinks is the best way to deal with that eventuallity and will come straight back to you ;) ....
If you really believe that then next time you apply for a Renewal or Variation put down Zombie hunting as your good reason to possess. Any ideas how your FEO might reply?
RDC

#12 Post by RDC »

Colin, no one* here seriously believes a zombie outbreak will occur.

*someone will say they do just for a laugh...
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#13 Post by breacher »

Well, a zombie outbreak MIGHT happen. Or some similar disaster that affects 99% of the population.

But guess what - you are waaaay more likely to be a zombie than a survivor. So, of the entire membership of FBUK - only 2 or 3 will survive and hundreds will be zombies.

As to the OP - I would rather my fellow shooters have a healthy sense of humour than have their s*** wired far too tight :run:

As to the FEO question - surely in a doomsday scenario, zombies will be AOLQ ?
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Gazza

#14 Post by Gazza »

I can see this running to a few pages lol

If you dont mind me asking Colin what do you like to read that tickles you? I dont mean shooting but just in general. What brings a smile to your face and maybe the odd belly laugh?
ColinR

#15 Post by ColinR »

Gazza wrote:I can see this running to a few pages lol

If you dont mind me asking Colin what do you like to read that tickles you? I dont mean shooting but just in general. What brings a smile to your face and maybe the odd belly laugh?
Surprisingly Science Fiction, but it tends to stay on the pages.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#16 Post by breacher »

You know it IS possible to have interests outside shooting ? And we dont have our rifles to pursue or show an interest in those other subjects ?

For instance, although I have just bought a k98 Mauser, I have no desire to invade Poland anytime soon.

And when I bought my old Police issue 38 s&w ( sold off by Met Flying Squad who had moved to 38spl ) I had no desire to boot in doors and arrest villans with it whilst shouting "We are the Sweeny and we aint had our breakfast"
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#17 Post by Ovenpaa »

I did suggest zombies as a good reason for more rimfire ammunition when the FEO called in last time, he thought about it, albeit fairly briefly and then said no.

It was worth a try...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
ColinR

#18 Post by ColinR »

breacher wrote:Well, a zombie outbreak MIGHT happen. Or some similar disaster that affects 99% of the population.

But guess what - you are waaaay more likely to be a zombie than a survivor. So, of the entire membership of FBUK - only 2 or 3 will survive and hundreds will be zombies.

As to the OP - I would rather my fellow shooters have a healthy sense of humour than have their s*** wired far too tight :run:

As to the FEO question - surely in a doomsday scenario, zombies will be AOLQ ?
A sense of humour is essential in most walks of life and certainly in sport. If your sense of humour extends to fantasies connected to firearm ownership then it is best not spread across the Internet for all and sundry to decide if it is humour or psychopathy.

If you don't believe this stuff has any negative impact then try Zombie Hunting on you next Renewal/Variation. Let us all know if your FEO has the same sense of humour in connection with firearms. If you have any doubt then realise how the Home Office and Police as a whole might view this c**p.
ColinR

#19 Post by ColinR »

breacher wrote:You know it IS possible to have interests outside shooting ? And we dont have our rifles to pursue or show an interest in those other subjects ?

For instance, although I have just bought a k98 Mauser, I have no desire to invade Poland anytime soon.

And when I bought my old Police issue 38 s&w ( sold off by Met Flying Squad who had moved to 38spl ) I had no desire to boot in doors and arrest villans with it whilst shouting "We are the Sweeny and we aint had our breakfast"
You are absolutely right, but when fantasy zombie killing becomes part of a firearms forum it tends somehow to be connected with firearms. Strange that!
Mike A
Home club or Range: Grove

#20 Post by Mike A »

I have to admit that I find the Zombie fixation a bit uncomfortable, I believe you could argue that whole attraction of the zombie genre, is murder with all the moral inhibitions removed.

Posted on a firearm owners forum...could give off the wrong vibe...... if you were a paranoid anti.

Jus sayin.
Discontent is the first necessity of progress.