Post brexit planning/prepping

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
TomH
Site Supporter Since 2017
Home club or Range: ORPC

Re: Post brexit planning/prepping

#31 Post by TomH »

HALODIN wrote:I've started to wonder if those who refuse to respect the will of the referendum, will give up when we finally leave. Maybe it's the British political left we need to be worried about more than medicine flowing into the country.
I don't think they'll ever shut up or give up. The left and soft centre will do all they can to frustrate every opportunity that is presented to thrive and prosper outside the EU. They will not be content with just gloating over any minor setback or problem but will actively sabotage whatever they can. Brexit will not be complete or guaranteed until we sweep from power all those EU lackeys in the next general election.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#32 Post by breacher »

I have renewed both my UK and Irish passports :-)
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#33 Post by Pete »

So when all the EU lackeys have been swept away, and rees-mogg is pm, what then? The handmaids tale?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#34 Post by breacher »

My prepping is mostly the investigation of the possibility of getting a US green card..........
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#35 Post by HALODIN »

Out of the pan - into the fire. I predict the US will split up into at least 5 regions as they begin to lose the world reserve currency and power shifts to the East.
breacher wrote:My prepping is mostly the investigation of the possibility of getting a US green card..........
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#36 Post by shugie »

HALODIN wrote:I've started to wonder if those who refuse to respect the will of the referendum, will give up when we finally leave. Maybe it's the British political left we need to be worried about more than medicine flowing into the country.
48% of those who voted wanted to remain. Just as at a general election, the opposition does not vanish after the vote, which is why the referendum happened, a lot of people opposed to the EU had been waiting for many years to get the chance to vote to leave, they never liked or supported the EU. And that's their democratic right.

So, the answer to your question is no, those opposed to leaving will continue to campaign to either not leave, or rejoin if needs be. The left, or at least the hard left, is as supportive of brexit at the ERG, albeit for very different reasons.

Maybe those who voted to leave need to respect the democratic rights of those who voted to remain to continue to oppose brexit. After all, a country where the opposition are forced into silence is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship.
Careful now/that sort of thing
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#37 Post by kennyc »

shugie wrote:
48% of those who voted wanted to remain. Just as at a general election, the opposition does not vanish after the vote, which is why the referendum happened, a lot of people opposed to the EU had been waiting for many years to get the chance to vote to leave, they never liked or supported the EU. And that's their democratic right.

So, the answer to your question is no, those opposed to leaving will continue to campaign to either not leave, or rejoin if needs be. The left, or at least the hard left, is as supportive of brexit at the ERG, albeit for very different reasons.

Maybe those who voted to leave need to respect the democratic rights of those who voted to remain to continue to oppose brexit. After all, a country where the opposition are forced into silence is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship.
Damn well said Sir !
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#38 Post by Pete »

Shugie goodjob

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#39 Post by strangesam »

thankssign Shuggie
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#40 Post by Geek »

shugie wrote:

Those opposed to leaving and continuing to frustrate the leaving process need to respect the will of the people and the democratic vote to leave, no second vote, no capitulation to the EU(SSR).
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S