Cannabalism after the SHTF

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Gazza

Cannabalism after the SHTF

#1 Post by Gazza »

So, the brown stuff has hit the fan. All palatable food has long gone and you are just managing to stay alive.
Would you resort to cannabalism or...........would you start on the Pot Noodles? teanews
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Cannabalism after the SHTF

#2 Post by Pete »

Well, your avatar suggests you'd be a good candidate for the pot.............. :good:

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Gazza

#3 Post by Gazza »

Pete wrote:Well, your avatar suggests you'd be a good candidate for the pot.............. :good:

Pete
Yes, but I'm high saturated fat so not the healthy option. :D
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#4 Post by snayperskaya »

In a SHTF scenario you'd eventually eat whatever it took to survive......except Pot Noodle! :p

On a serious note during the Siege of Leningrad the reidents resorted to eating horses, cats, dogs, sawdust and wallpaper paste......and in some cases human flesh.Apparently 66% of the known cases of cannibalism during the Siege were commited by women with dependent children.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#5 Post by Les »

Meat is meat and a man must eat. teanews
Gazza

#6 Post by Gazza »

snayperskaya wrote:In a SHTF scenario you'd eventually eat whatever it took to survive......except Pot Noodle! :p

On a serious note during the Siege of Leningrad the reidents resorted to eating horses, cats, dogs, sawdust and wallpaper paste......and in some cases human flesh.Apparently 66% of the known cases of cannibalism during the Siege were commited by women with dependent children.
I've seen pictures on the net of the Russians eating human limbs but the pics were probably doctored. There's pics of them recovering dead bodies on sledges too so maybe those were for the pot?
Still better than a pot noodle teanews
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#7 Post by Pete »

Read Russell Foreman's account of his stay with Polynesians, "Long Pig"............

If not properly cooked, we're more dangerous than pork.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
BamBam

#8 Post by BamBam »

Ugh no, too salty.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#9 Post by snayperskaya »

BamBam wrote:Ugh no, too salty.
Human or Pot Noodle??? :squirrel:

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#10 Post by snayperskaya »

Gazza wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:In a SHTF scenario you'd eventually eat whatever it took to survive......except Pot Noodle! :p

I've seen pictures on the net of the Russians eating human limbs but the pics were probably doctored. There's pics of them recovering dead bodies on sledges too so maybe those were for the pot?
Still better than a pot noodle teanews
I believe there were cases of mothers sacrificing the youngest child to feed her other children for example and was done behind closed doors, I would imagine the photo's of bodies being recovered was more to do with controlling disease and giving the dead some dignity.

Given the scope of mass starvation, cannibalism was relatively rare and far more common was murder for ration cards or taking ration cards from the dead.The bread ration was about the size of a bar of soap per person per day, with the bread often being 50% sawdust and people would often boil leather briefcases and the like in an attempt to supplement the meagre rations.