At what point do you batten down the hatches?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
andy1979
Home club or Range: Wednesbury Marksmen

Re: At what point do you batten down the hatches?

#51 Post by andy1979 »

TRG-22 wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:.... when it all blows over.
Which it will.

So we've had things like SARS and H1N1, high mortality but low infectiousness.

Now we have C-19, highly infectious but low mortality.

It's the next one to worry about, when highly infections and high mortality combine...
I wouldn't say it was low mortality it's running at a 3-4% mortality rate
BamBam

#52 Post by BamBam »

Gazza wrote: Makes you wonder if THEY want their designer virus to spead and take out the weak and elderly who are a drain on the planet.
It's a rubbish designer virus if we're all still here. It only has a R-0 of 4 at best. Weaponised smallpox or measles with a R-0 of between 12 and 18 is what you want.
This came from wildlife and China's crap animal welfare situation. The market in Wuhan where this virus originated is where they sell and slaughter exotic animals for the wealthiest Chinese palate. They stack the animals in tiny cages one on top of each other. So the sick bats as the lightest at the top of the stack s*** and puke on the animals below, pangolins in this case. The infected pangolins transmitted the virus to patient zero, probably who ever slaughtered it and didn't keep a clean station or hands for that matter. Pretty much how bird flu, SARS and swine flu started, in China and their filthy markets.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#53 Post by dromia »

We have our own filthy markets too, just look at london with the city and its stock exchange and then of course westminster with its den of rot and corruption, parliament..

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Gazza

#54 Post by Gazza »

BamBam wrote:
Gazza wrote: Makes you wonder if THEY want their designer virus to spead and take out the weak and elderly who are a drain on the planet.
It's a rubbish designer virus if we're all still here. It only has a R-0 of 4 at best. Weaponised smallpox or measles with a R-0 of between 12 and 18 is what you want.
This came from wildlife and China's crap animal welfare situation. The market in Wuhan where this virus originated is where they sell and slaughter exotic animals for the wealthiest Chinese palate. They stack the animals in tiny cages one on top of each other. So the sick bats as the lightest at the top of the stack s*** and puke on the animals below, pangolins in this case. The infected pangolins transmitted the virus to patient zero, probably who ever slaughtered it and didn't keep a clean station or hands for that matter. Pretty much how bird flu, SARS and swine flu started, in China and their filthy markets.
There's also the virology labs next door to the market but that's just a sheer coincidence 8-)
walesdave

#55 Post by walesdave »

On an IT conference call this morning; people were saying what they were buying because of 'the virus'.....loo-roll, hand sanitizer, food etc. Me: ammunition .
There was a bit of a quiet moment lol
Christel
Site Admin

#56 Post by Christel »

walesdave wrote:On an IT conference call this morning; people were saying what they were buying because of 'the virus'.....loo-roll, hand sanitizer, food etc. Me: ammunition .
There was a bit of a quiet moment lol
lol nice one lol
Christel
Site Admin

#57 Post by Christel »

Gazza wrote: There's also the virology labs next door to the market but that's just a sheer coincidence 8-)
Dean Koonz - The Eyes of Darkness - Scary Eh wtf
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#58 Post by Dark Skies »

snayperskaya wrote:
Dark Skies wrote:
In all the End Of The World As We Know It TV shows it was never spelled out that people may spend their last days struggling over turd tissue. Humanity has no dignity.
During The Siege of Sarajevo, the longest seige of a capital city in modern warfare, toilet tissue practically became worth its weight in gold because it actually allowed people to hold on to a bit of dignity when just about everything else had been stripped away.

Those that had surplus stocks actually traded it for other items such as food, fuel and ammunition!.
'Appen as mebbe, but this is a bug not a war zone. It's ridiculous.
Wandered into Tesco today and bought some coffee and a few things for lunch. A guy was coming towards me with a trolley stacked to brimming with Andrex.
"Explosive diarrhoea is the worst, isn't it, mate?"

He looked at me like I'M the crazy one.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#59 Post by snayperskaya »

Dark Skies wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:
Dark Skies wrote:
In all the End Of The World As We Know It TV shows it was never spelled out that people may spend their last days struggling over turd tissue. Humanity has no dignity.
During The Siege of Sarajevo, the longest seige of a capital city in modern warfare, toilet tissue practically became worth its weight in gold because it actually allowed people to hold on to a bit of dignity when just about everything else had been stripped away.

Those that had surplus stocks actually traded it for other items such as food, fuel and ammunition!.
'Appen as mebbe, but this is a bug not a war zone. It's ridiculous.
Wandered into Tesco today and bought some coffee and a few things for lunch. A guy was coming towards me with a trolley stacked to brimming with Andrex.
"Explosive diarrhoea is the worst, isn't it, mate?"

He looked at me like I'M the crazy one.
It was just the line about humanity having no dignity that caught my eye......whether it is a disease, war, drought or famine etc anything that keeps a bit of human dignity going is a good thing.

I wonder if this panic buying is a generational thing, with us folks over a certain age just getting on with it as usual whilst the younger generations are panicking........
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Gazza

#60 Post by Gazza »

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
It will never go off so what's the problem with having a few extra in stock? :D