Mass shootings

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
toffe wrapper

Mass shootings

#1 Post by toffe wrapper »

OK
You are all prepped for Zombies but what will you do in a mass shooting. At work, in a town or a shopping centre. This is not a wind up but a serious post with points from recent briefings.

Forget being armed they are locked up at home. Forget being a hero think stay alive.

1 Do not try to surrender (every person who tried to surrender in Mumbai is dead)
2 Run away try to take others with you but do not let them delay your own escape think about the route move away from shooting
3 If you cannot run. Hide Get as secure as possible block doors build up cover use solid cover turn off phones so not to have them ring and give position away keep quiet.
4 Only attempt to call for help once you are safe
5 Comply with all police instructions
6 Expect the police to not look like normal officers and treat you in a robust manner

TW
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Mass shootings

#2 Post by bradaz11 »

moving away from the shooting may sound like good advice, but isn't always, as they may be pushing you towards other shooters or a bomb.....

fastest route out of containment

so if its a shopping centre, nearest fire exit or out through a shop if possible, not run for the main exit doors
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
ordnance

#3 Post by ordnance »

All situation are different , people will have to think on their feet. Some that people that did surrender in the Kenya shopping mall shooting were spared by the gun men. Surrendering and hoping for mercy would be a last option, get out or hide. As the police are not armed all they could do is hide with everyone else and watch people being murdered while hoping armed response will show up at some stage. With the way things are I think it is criminal that the government does not insist that all police are armed.
toffe wrapper

#4 Post by toffe wrapper »

The 2 officers that died were armed and my condolences go out to them and all the victims RIP one and all a sad loss
The French police are armed it made no difference.

This post is not the place to bang on about arming the police but pass on information for us unarmed civilians.
ordnance

#5 Post by ordnance »

The 2 officers that died were armed and my condolences go out to them and all the victims RIP one and all a sad loss
The French police are armed it made no difference.

This post is not the place to bang on about arming the police but pass on information for us unarmed civilians.
Because they were armed and it did not help on this occasion is irrelevant it could help next time. As civilians are not allowed to be armed and have the opportunity to defend themselves in the UK, we have no choice but to look to the police for protection in a similar situation, so it's relevant and not banging on. I am just glad the police are armed here.
25Pdr
Past Supporter

#6 Post by 25Pdr »

This photo taken from the US Department of Homeland Security Web site. It was advising what to do in the event of a mass shooting, the final advice was to attack the shooter using staplers and anything else they could find on their desk.

Scotsgun

#7 Post by Scotsgun »

25Pdr wrote:This photo taken from the US Department of Homeland Security Web site. It was advising what to do in the event of a mass shooting, the final advice was to attack the shooter using staplers and anything else they could find on their desk.

That's not even funny. I wonder what waste of foreskin thought that one up?

We can all think up clever answers but the proof is that you don't know what you'll do should such an incident occur. Whether you're armed or not. Most will freeze as they lack any training designed to overcome such incidents which will shock the system.

By being there and equipped, the perpetrator has already confirmed their intention to kill. I will never surrender. Nor am I stupid enough to state in a forum, how far I'd go to protect my life and others I care for.
Chuck

#8 Post by Chuck »

As civilians are not allowed to be armed and have the opportunity to defend themselves in the UK, we have no choice but to look to the police for protection in a similar situation,
That is not their job, they have no remit to protect you because it is impossible for them to do so. in a nutshell, you're on your own when it happens. Yes, they may get you out of a hostage situation but an active shooter scenario like yesterday is way different.

Best we can hope for is they foil the plot that was going to affect you.

The advice offered may be mad to some on here but that is all that people can hope for. In the USA many places do not allow defensive weapons in the workplace, either by law or work practice. In the UK we all know the script about weapons and self defence so what is left for people to do? Prayer doesn't work, neither does begging and pleading or calling the police.

Most people will still live in denial that an attack (or any attack for that matter) like this is possible in the UK and have no plan or practice for fear of upsetting people. Maybe the best bet is to learn a few verses of the Koran, that seems to work when these pseudo religious nutjobs start!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Chuck

#9 Post by Chuck »

So: what would all our military and police people on here suggest as things to do (or not) in situations like this? The advice given by Homeland Security and the Met are pretty similar, so what would F-B'ers recommend in a "real world advice" capacity?

What would make effective makeshift weapons in an office environment, bearing in mind some people will see themselves as being a better person for getting killed or maimed and others are just dumbed down to not fight with anyone?. Bear in mind also fight / flight / submit responses.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#10 Post by Demonic69 »

If they broke into my office, which happens to be the box bedroom, I have to hand:-
Gun oil - squirt in their eyes
Small hammer - few quick whacks
Knife - pokey pokey.
Pliers - straight for the nuts.

Then I'd run to the cabinet and see how quick I could open it and load up! Probably just grab the 11-87, quicker to load.