UK TV Documentary into Prepping and Survivalism

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Christel
Site Admin

Re: UK TV Documentary into Prepping and Survivalism

#61 Post by Christel »

Chuck wrote:christel: Do tell..PM will suffice :lol:

Scotsgun on the mark there.
:wave:
Chuck

#62 Post by Chuck »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the PM christel, I see you in a whole new light now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yer secrets are safe with me.....................but I copied them to........................

Only kidding everyone.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
bangers

#63 Post by bangers »

i must have missed this what side was it on?
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#64 Post by bobbob »

Tower.75 wrote:
christel wrote:
Scotsgun wrote: Note that i stated guns and not airguns because that's exactly what the show will call them.
Interestingly enough, when my FEO called a few weeks back (my FAC and SGC were up for renewal) she called my rifles "weapons".
All through the conversation she referred to them as "weapons".

Not sure she is a shooter:)
Mine did that last visit. I brought it up.

"How many weapons do you own?"

"Well I've got..., wait, what? Weapons?"
Well, I have a rolling pin, a set of kitchen knives, some spanners and a hammer. Then there's my cricket bat......................... smile2
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
naomi86

#65 Post by naomi86 »

UK Preppers would very much like to show experts if they would like to come forward. However, we also want to show a range of stories and experience, because it is intended to give an insight into the movement.
There is no intention to belittle or mock anyone who takes part, as there wasn't in the first show. The reception on the whole in the Prepping community was positive and those who took part were in no way misrepresented, nor were any privacy details given away.

We are now making more shows, around the UK and Europe. So if anyone wants to show how it should be done, if you feel those used in the first show weren't representative, then do get in touch.

If you do want to pass comment or even take part this time, please contact us at ukpreppers@bullseyetv.co.uk

Thank you
Rarms
Past Supporter

#66 Post by Rarms »

naomi86 wrote:UK Preppers would very much like to show experts if they would like to come forward. However, we also want to show a range of stories and experience, because it is intended to give an insight into the movement.
There is no intention to belittle or mock anyone who takes part, as there wasn't in the first show. The reception on the whole in the Prepping community was positive and those who took part were in no way misrepresented, nor were any privacy details given away.

We are now making more shows, around the UK and Europe. So if anyone wants to show how it should be done, if you feel those used in the first show weren't representative, then do get in touch.

If you do want to pass comment or even take part this time, please contact us at ukpreppers@bullseyetv.co.uk

Thank you
Surely the first rule of prepping is to not tell everyone about your preps?
DL.

#67 Post by DL. »

Sadly, I think this is a sign of the times. Maybe the relatives that most of us have/had who survived the war years were never the same again after rationing, but "prepping" or having a contingency of food supplies has not been in the public spotlight until now. Perhaps it's been over looked or just not news worthy until the financial crisis, but I must say, Rarms is completely right, if someone out there is lucky enough to be able to stockpile food, then they would be silly to give an indication of their location. In this day with the media streaming being pretty permanent, everyone is identifiable.
naomi86

#68 Post by naomi86 »

Rarms wrote:
naomi86 wrote:UK Preppers would very much like to show experts if they would like to come forward. However, we also want to show a range of stories and experience, because it is intended to give an insight into the movement.

Thank you
Surely the first rule of prepping is to not tell everyone about your preps?

The first programme hopefully showed, and we intend to maintain that we don't disclose where our contributors come from, nor where their preps/bug out locations are. It's more about the practise and movement than showing things that people don't want to be seen. We are dealing sensitively withmatters of anonymity and security. We have known preppers on board to consult with us and ensure we are working properly.
Fedaykin
Home club or Range: Cawdor

#69 Post by Fedaykin »

I doubt anybody who shoots in the UK would put their head above the parapet and say they are into American style SHTF prepping! It would probably illicit unwelcome interest from neighbours and local plod! Try explaining to the FEO that your guns are needed in case of a major collapse of society.

I must admit I do enjoy looking at American prepper videos with all their acronyms on Youtube! They are hillarious as they explain how they will protect themselves from the hordes come a collapse! To be honest it is a fun game for them dressed up as something important! I must admit I do wonder what they do with all their stored food once it goes pass its use by date!
I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz.
I have lived 300 years...

I am immortal.
I present now my story,
full of mystery and intrigue,
rich in irony, and most satirical.
$harp$hooter
Home club or Range: Bury Rifle Club

#70 Post by $harp$hooter »

Fedaykin wrote:I doubt anybody who shoots in the UK would put their head above the parapet and say they are into American style SHTF prepping! It would probably illicit unwelcome interest from neighbours and local plod! Try explaining to the FEO that your guns are needed in case of a major collapse of society.

I must admit I do enjoy looking at American prepper videos with all their acronyms on Youtube! They are hillarious as they explain how they will protect themselves from the hordes come a collapse! To be honest it is a fun game for them dressed up as something important! I must admit I do wonder what they do with all their stored food once it goes pass its use by date!
I'm in the same boat. I really only watch the American Doomsday prepper programs for the heck of it and to get some entertainment out of how bad some of the people on it are in terms of mere common sense. Did anyone recently watch the one where one prepper almost blew out the ear drums of another in a "practise" shooting exercise.
"Life - It is what it is"