UK TV Documentary into Prepping and Survivalism

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
techguy

Re: UK TV Documentary into Prepping and Survivalism

#51 Post by techguy »

DL. wrote:
EagerNoSkill wrote:Well Hurricane Sandy did test the prepping skills and structures of a few million Americans I guess :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... inter.html

Well I guess we now know she was looking for people for this show then!

Dodged that one! :cheers:
It says in the news article, the bloke was a soldier for two years, I didn't know you could get that length of engagement. :o
You're expecting the DM to be accurate?
Scotsgun

#52 Post by Scotsgun »

Great, now we have the weirdos and nutters bringing attention to themselves, just like those in the US show.

Could there have been a worse picture than the chubby t.w.a.t., covered in cheap nasty tatoos and standing behind his pile of weapons? Crossbow, airgun, club, etc....only the machette and rusty old sword was missing from his ned's kit.

How could we create more hysteria and bollox concerning firearms? Oh, lets show some nutters proclaiming 'the world is nigh,' with piles of guns and running around the countryside believing that they are Rambo. Note that i stated guns and not airguns because that's exactly what the show will call them.
Primer

#53 Post by Primer »

Scotsgun wrote:Great, now we have the weirdos and nutters bringing attention to themselves, just like those in the US show.

Could there have been a worse picture than the chubby t.w.a.t., covered in cheap nasty tatoos and standing behind his pile of weapons? Crossbow, airgun, club, etc....only the machette and rusty old sword was missing from his ned's kit.

How could we create more hysteria and bollox concerning firearms? Oh, lets show some nutters proclaiming 'the world is nigh,' with piles of guns and running around the countryside believing that they are Rambo. Note that i stated guns and not airguns because that's exactly what the show will call them.
That program was appalling, I thought the American Preppers series was bad but I can s##t better content than that, oh yeah a week without electric and the majority of people will be dead, what utter bollox, I'm sure I recognise that bloke who lives in Slovakia from somewhere but can't put my finger on where, you have to laugh at the woman, you wouldn't want to be standing too close to her when she takes out her commando knife, I thought she was going to do herself an injury and as for having a copy of the Koran because she lived in the largest Muslim community in the Uk, what good is that going to do her.

I don't think you will ever be able to make a real factual program on this issue as let's face it you wouldn't go on air and show the world what you had or where you had it as unless you were a total recluse then chances are someone watching would know you or have seen you, it would of been better to have some professionals teaching you bushcraft and the art of survival, what stuff you would need for basic survival etc etc rather than some inbred with his crossbow and air rifle.
When people ask stupid questions, I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers
Christel
Site Admin

#54 Post by Christel »

Scotsgun wrote: Note that i stated guns and not airguns because that's exactly what the show will call them.
Interestingly enough, when my FEO called a few weeks back (my FAC and SGC were up for renewal) she called my rifles "weapons".
All through the conversation she referred to them as "weapons".

Not sure she is a shooter:)
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#55 Post by Blackstuff »

christel wrote:
Interestingly enough, when my FEO called a few weeks back (my FAC and SGC were up for renewal) she called my rifles "weapons".

They're (inaccurately IMO) referred to as weapons in the legislation so thats what the FLD staff are told to call them. :roll: Personally i think shooters sound like utter Walter Mittys when they call an S1/2 firearm a "weapon", but i think we've already had a thread or two on this tesnews
DVC
Tower75

#56 Post by Tower75 »

christel wrote:
Scotsgun wrote: Note that i stated guns and not airguns because that's exactly what the show will call them.

Mine did that last visit. I brought it up.

"How many weapons do you own?"

"Well I've got..., wait, what? Weapons?"
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
Christel
Site Admin

#57 Post by Christel »

Thing is it left me with the impression that she was of the opinion that I use my rifle for something illegal.
Scotsgun

#58 Post by Scotsgun »

christel wrote:Thing is it left me with the impression that she was of the opinion that I use my rifle for something illegal.
Of course she does. She's been indoctrinated into a system that brands all firearms owners as freaks and weirdos who are just spoiling for an excuse to camp out in a tower and desimate the local populace. Watching that bloody Doomsday UK program will only confirm that impression for her to.

I'm surprised she didn't ask you whic particular brand of sexual devient you are too.
Christel
Site Admin

#59 Post by Christel »

Scotsgun wrote:
christel wrote:
I'm surprised she didn't ask you whic particular brand of sexual devient you are too.
I am glad she didn't :lol:
Chuck

#60 Post by Chuck »

christel: Do tell..PM will suffice :lol:

Scotsgun on the mark there.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!