UK TV Documentary into Prepping and Survivalism

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
naomi86

UK TV Documentary into Prepping and Survivalism

#1 Post by naomi86 »

Hi there,

My name's Naomi, and I work for an Independent TV Production Company in London. We are presently working on a documentary that would be looking at all aspects of Prepping and Survivalism in the UK, from new starters to established preppers and survival experts. It will also look across the diverse reasons to as why people prep from economic breakdown and rising food prices to SHTF scenarios.

We are trying to talk to people in the UK involved in prepping/survivalism who are happy to tell us a bit about their preps and why they prep. Ideally we want to feature as wide a range of preppers as possible to show a truthful representation of the UK prepping scene. We understand this can be a sensitive secretive topic, and we do take that very seriously, and will work with you closely to ensure you're happy.

It would be great to speak to some of you further about your experiences with prepping and find out more about yourself. It will give UK preppers a chance to explain the importance of prepping in the present world we live in.

If you would like to know more please reply to my email or drop me a line it would be much appreciated- my contact details are:

naomi.banat at bullseyetv.co.uk
0203 189 3510

I look forward to hopefully hearing from you.

Best Wishes,
Naomi
Christel
Site Admin

Re: UK TV Documentary into Prepping and Survivalism

#2 Post by Christel »

Welcome Naomi,

I have edited your email address to hopefully stop the spam bots turning your email inbox into something unreadable.
naomi86

#3 Post by naomi86 »

Thank you Christel, I appreciate that.

Best,
Naomi
Dangermouse

#4 Post by Dangermouse »

I would be interested to see what the average age is of the "survivalist".

I wonder how many who have been born since the end of the cold war have given it any real thought, I would assume far fewer than those who lived with the expectation of a Nuclear war and the thought of surviving it.

Also, I would like to hear of any evidence that those who were prepared faired any better than those who were not in areas where people have had to survive.
I believe there may be a triangle of Preparedness, Mental state and a big dose of Luck to surviving,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Sandgroper »

Dangermouse wrote:I would be interested to see what the average age is of the "survivalist".

I wonder how many who have been born since the end of the cold war have given it any real thought, I would assume far fewer than those who lived with the expectation of a Nuclear war and the thought of surviving it.

Also, I would like to hear of any evidence that those who were prepared faired any better than those who were not in areas where people have had to survive.
I believe there may be a triangle of Preparedness, Mental state and a big dose of Luck to surviving,

DM
Agree. The demographics would be interesting. I think there may be a new generation of survivalists coming up, especially with the way the world is going.

Luck plays a part, but I believe you can make your own luck (to a degree) with the right mental state and the right level of preparedness.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
whoowhoop

#6 Post by whoowhoop »

About 25 or so years ago there was a certain gentleman who lived near to me who had a business flogging survival shelters ( nuclear proof). I think they were Swiss made.
Anyway, he got loads of publicity and even had one in the back garden of his Totteridge home. The neighbours were so chuffed with the diggers, great big crane etc in their quiet cul de sac....
He also managed to get granted an FAC for several full bore pistols ( including an Automag, I think) as well as the old Mossberg slugster etc.
He and his son were amongst the most unsafe handlers of firearms I have ever dealt with. Would not listen. I took no pleasure in telling them to leave on one occasion.

Personally, I think that there is more preparation made annually to survive the budget.
(Just stocked up on Grouse at £17 litre) :shakeshout:
I doubt if there really is a survivalist attitude in the UK.
Happy is he, who goes out for the amusement of himself, and not for the amazement of others
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

Wootton PO was doing High Commissioner 40% ABV at GBP12/Litre the other day. It worked for me :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
whoowhoop

#8 Post by whoowhoop »

Is that the stuff the Poles make in sheds in Warrington?
Happy is he, who goes out for the amusement of himself, and not for the amazement of others
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#9 Post by M99 »

Guys n Gals

Put the phone number in to Google and have a read of some of the responses on forums you may not have known existed (this post appear on numerous other forums) - makes for interesting reading!! (well it killed 5 mins earlier!)

Mike
Sandgroper

#10 Post by Sandgroper »

MiLisCer wrote:Guys n Gals

Put the phone number in to Google and have a read of some of the responses on forums you may not have known existed (this post appear on numerous other forums) - makes for interesting reading!! (well it killed 5 mins earlier!)

Mike
She's been busy!
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.