Wanted - Weld curtain cut off

Anything non shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Wanted - Weld curtain cut off

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I need around 24"/600mm of weld curtain, does anyone have any off cuts they would like to sell? Used would probably work however it would need to be without burn holes.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Wanted - Weld curtain cut off

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

I'm not promising any thing but they are currently shutting down a machine shop and moving any of the contents that are any use to us to our place including a coded welder for a contract we have. He is bringing all his gear with him including the contents off the welding bay. I will enquire to morrow and get back to you.
What's left of the machine shop is going to the scrap man. The lathes etc. are to big for our use. A shocking state of affairs.
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

If there is a reasonable piece left over it would be handy. I am after the dark green/black 3mm - 1/8" thick stuff which is usually around a foot wide. It needs to be the plastic stuff as it will be used to keep swarf and coolant away from the gap between the table and column of my Bridgeport mill. I had some on previous mill however I can no longer source it in anything less than 10m strips.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

Is the Bridgeport a new acquisition. They are a nice bit of kit. I'm only allowed to stare at the one at work and I have to keep my hands in my pockets at all times. I think they are worried I might break it. lol
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#5 Post by bradaz11 »

you won't break a bridgeport, the bridgeport is more likely to break you
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Yes, the Bridgeport arrived this week at long last and is sitting in the same place as the previous mill was. I do agree you would struggle to break a Bridgeport however I have no plans to test it to destruction... I find them incredibly easy to use and the Viking was facing off some cast brackets with it whilst I enjoyed a coffee Saturday morning. A reasonable sized solid carbide cutter and a power feed certainly get the job done.

Despite it's size the Bridgeport does not rank as the most dangerous machine in the workshop, that honour goes to the floor standing deep throat vertical band saw that also arrived last week. I swapped out the original blade for a Starret bi-metal at the weekend and tested it with some offcuts and was humbled by the power it has and it's ease of cutting. Maybe it is time to review my 'Throw the guards away' philosophy...
/d

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#7 Post by dromia »

bradaz11 wrote:you won't break a bridgeport,
Trust me, Alpha1 has undreamed of talents when it comes to such things.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

I'm afraid you may be out of luck they don't use the stuff that you are referring to. The ones they use are just like a curtain very thin. I'll keep my eye open in case something crops up. Sorry.
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

Not to worry and thank you for looking.
/d

Shed Journal