The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners. Est 2010.

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion.
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:59 am 
Site Supporter Since 2015

Home club or Range: North Coates Butts UK. Grove Small Arms, Barton Road UK. Ulfborg Skyttecenter DK. BASC Trade Member
Shooting light is essential IMHO. I am a great believer in the 'If it does not fit in my pocket it stays at home' I cannot always apply this rule however if it does not fit in my pocket on warmer days it usually fits in an old Swiss gas mask bag I have.

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Binbrook UK Live Weather

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:10 pm 
Site Supporter 2019

Home club or Range: Phoenix at Thorn. The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS
Ovenpaa wrote:
Shooting light is essential IMHO. I am a great believer in the 'If it does not fit in my pocket it stays at home' I cannot always apply this rule however if it does not fit in my pocket on warmer days it usually fits in an old Swiss gas mask bag I have.

pretty hard to go shooting without the rifle though ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:36 am 

Home club or Range: HRA and LERA
Ovenpaa wrote:

Lots of pockets in a drag bag and the ammo bags that are floating about carry all sorts of crap. This said the only stuff in there that is not used regualarly is some trauma kit (because if you have to go to the car to get it, it may be too late and hopefully will never be needed) and a seperated case extractor in the butt of the rifles.

Our most bulky items really is mags and ammo, and this is only (in my case) because I insist on loading the full complement pre match so its one less distraction, otherwise a couple of mags would do. I always keep 20 rounds always to hand but not in a mag in case there is a re-shoot, nothing worse than holding a shoot up as you run to teh car for spare ammo....done that...once :oops:

Winter kit is replaced with a sweat rag and sun cream in the summer and vise versa. I use my rite in the rain pad and pen a lot for recording scores (in case they get changed later!!!) and range data, but otherwise if it dont get used it gets ejected.

I wonder how many people have gone seraching their mates to borrow something they have in their bag-o-crap but have forgotten about? I know I have.