The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners. Est 2010.

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion. To REGISTER contact admin(at)full-bore.co.uk
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:06 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Posts: 213
Location: West Sussex, UK
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
Both my references got phone calls yesterday so that's the last piece of the puzzle.

However, chatting to the FEO who is a member of the club last night, he said that there are delays due to Sussex and Surrey merging. Fingers crossed but I won't hold my breath


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:55 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter 2020

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 pm
Posts: 27
Home club or Range: Mendip Shooting Club
Pippin89 wrote:
Both my references got phone calls yesterday so that's the last piece of the puzzle.

However, chatting to the FEO who is a member of the club last night, he said that there are delays due to Sussex and Surrey merging. Fingers crossed but I won't hold my breath



I spoke to my reference giver a few days ago but as of then he hadn't been contacted. But my visit isn't for another 7 days so still time. Unless A&S speak to them after the visit? Which I'd of thought would be the wrong way round. But some organizations seem to work in strange ways


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Posts: 213
Location: West Sussex, UK
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
MarkW wrote:
Pippin89 wrote:
Both my references got phone calls yesterday so that's the last piece of the puzzle.

However, chatting to the FEO who is a member of the club last night, he said that there are delays due to Sussex and Surrey merging. Fingers crossed but I won't hold my breath



I spoke to my reference giver a few days ago but as of then he hadn't been contacted. But my visit isn't for another 7 days so still time. Unless A&S speak to them after the visit? Which I'd of thought would be the wrong way round. But some organizations seem to work in strange ways


I thought that would be the case as well. But they called my references a week and a half after they visited. Seems odd to me as if the referencing doesn't work out then they could have wasted their time...


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:59 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter 2020

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 pm
Posts: 27
Home club or Range: Mendip Shooting Club
Todays job was fitting my cabinet. What a drama. I live in cottage built in the 1600's. But it was revamped about 10yr ago. So all the walls are now flat after the builder covered the interior in plasterboard.
Anyway, found my spot, drilled through and bugger me, there was between 60-100mm between the plasterboard and the old wall. So much head scratching later, a big FO hole cut in the plasterboard and cabinet sunk in and bolted up.
Rock solid now. Just have the visit on Thurs to do now.
Does anyone have any idea of how long from visit to SGC popping in the door?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Posts: 213
Location: West Sussex, UK
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
MarkW wrote:
a big FO hole

That would have been my suggestion in those exact words! It pleases me that you would have understood the reference!

FEO said they normally take about an hour but was with me for 1.5 hours. Guess it depends how many questions you ask etc. Mine was coterminous though, I would imagine SGC only might be slightly quicker.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:27 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter 2020

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 pm
Posts: 27
Home club or Range: Mendip Shooting Club
Pippin89 wrote:
MarkW wrote:
a big FO hole

That would have been my suggestion in those exact words! It pleases me that you would have understood the reference!

FEO said they normally take about an hour but was with me for 1.5 hours. Guess it depends how many questions you ask etc. Mine was coterminous though, I would imagine SGC only might be slightly quicker.


Our visit is at 1600hrs and is for the wife and I. So I'm assuming we'll be chatted to together rather than alone. Can't wait to get it done now


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:55 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter 2020

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 pm
Posts: 27
Home club or Range: Mendip Shooting Club
Had a panic moment yesterday, Visit team called the wife to cancel our visit. But a quick call back and it was rescheduled for 1000hrs rather than 1600. Panic over. Worked late yesterday so was looking forward to a lie in today. Then at 0900 a call from visit team, running ahead of schedule and he'd be with us at 0930.
He turned up, had a very informal chat, looked at the cabinet and that was it. He said he'd contact my refferee shortly to have a chat with him. But they were a bit backed up with work so not to expect our SGC until end of Jan. I had hoped for end of Dec but hey ho, more time to save for guns for me and the Mrs.
Going to be a long wait now


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Posts: 213
Location: West Sussex, UK
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
MarkW wrote:
Had a panic moment yesterday, Visit team called the wife to cancel our visit. But a quick call back and it was rescheduled for 1000hrs rather than 1600. Panic over. Worked late yesterday so was looking forward to a lie in today. Then at 0900 a call from visit team, running ahead of schedule and he'd be with us at 0930.
He turned up, had a very informal chat, looked at the cabinet and that was it. He said he'd contact my refferee shortly to have a chat with him. But they were a bit backed up with work so not to expect our SGC until end of Jan. I had hoped for end of Dec but hey ho, more time to save for guns for me and the Mrs.
Going to be a long wait now


Fingers crossed for you. I am still waiting for mine unfortunately... Seen 2 rifles come and go that I had plans on buying! There will be more though. Just fingers crossed it comes today or tomorrow so I can go shopping this weekend. Otherwise I am then in India on business from next weekend for a week so it will be an even longer wait! haha


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:00 am 
Offline
Site Supporter 2020

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 pm
Posts: 27
Home club or Range: Mendip Shooting Club
MarkW wrote:
Had a panic moment yesterday, Visit team called the wife to cancel our visit. But a quick call back and it was rescheduled for 1000hrs rather than 1600. Panic over. Worked late yesterday so was looking forward to a lie in today. Then at 0900 a call from visit team, running ahead of schedule and he'd be with us at 0930.
He turned up, had a very informal chat, looked at the cabinet and that was it. He said he'd contact my refferee shortly to have a chat with him. But they were a bit backed up with work so not to expect our SGC until end of Jan. I had hoped for end of Dec but hey ho, more time to save for guns for me and the Mrs.
Going to be a long wait now


Had a call from my referee yesterday, he's had his call from the visit teams. Was on the phone less than a couple of minutes. So now it's a big wait.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Posts: 213
Location: West Sussex, UK
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
Finally my certs are here!!! Its been a long road but I can happily say I am now considered worthy.... I have a feeling this weekend will be an expensive one!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group