The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners. Est 2010.

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion. To REGISTER contact admin(at)full-bore.co.uk
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:43 pm 
Site Supporter Since 2019

Home club or Range: stourport
The league table shows West Midlands and Staffordshire as separate----they are combined for firearms related matters and so it is odd that they are showing different times.
Fred

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:50 pm 

Home club or Range: FDPC
They have openly admitted they are / were short staffed last year, they have upped their staffing levels but the new staff will take time to train.

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:13 pm 

Home club or Range: Wednesbury Marksmen
Currently have a young lady at my club who has been waiting 9 months wtf for her grant from West midlands police.
there was one other guy who submitted his application last week so we'll see how long his takes.

Mine is due to be submitted first week of April once my probation has been served.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:00 am 
Site Supporter Since 2019

Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, Kingsbury, UKPSA
FredB wrote:
The league table shows West Midlands and Staffordshire as separate----they are combined for firearms related matters and so it is odd that they are showing different times.
Fred

Although they are combined, they are still considered separate authorities with their own areas.

Presumably the statistics are based on the area that people fall under as to how long the wait, soi although they are the same department of the same firearms, Staffordshire seem to be getting dealt with quicker than West Mids applicants, by the Staffordshire police county... I don't find it strange, frustrating maybe, but somewhat understandable.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:50 pm 

Home club or Range: Severnside Range
I applied early last year, and it took around 5-6 months. Avon & Somerset were so short staffed that during that whole process, every single time I phoned them, I just got an automated message saying they were "very busy; if you're a GP phoning about concerns regarding an FAC/SGC holder, please call 999."

BASC did some poking for me and said that at one stage, they had literally 3 or 4 people in the entire office.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:22 pm 

Home club or Range: Frome & District Pistol Club
My FAC has arrived so Somerset are currently taking 5 1/2 months for initial grants. It arrived 3 weeks later than I expected due, no doubt, to lockdown. I was concerned it was going to take much longer.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:49 am 
Site Supporter 2019

Home club or Range: FDPC
GordonBennett wrote:
My FAC has arrived so Somerset are currently taking 5 1/2 months for initial grants. It arrived 3 weeks later than I expected due, no doubt, to lockdown. I was concerned it was going to take much longer.

Congratulations shakeshout

All we need now is to be allowed back in to Anglo to play. fingerscrossed
And the shops to open to buy toys bangbang

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 7:35 am 

Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
GordonBennett wrote:

Great news. I have to say I am surprised you got it at all at the moment. What gun is first on the shopping list?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:28 pm 

Home club or Range: Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club
Great news.

So the big question is..........What you buying first bangbang

Tikka Tac A1 - 6.5 Creedmoor, 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1, Anschutz 1913A in 1918 Precise stock, Kriss Defiance DMK, GSG 1911

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:32 pm 

Home club or Range: Frome & District Pistol Club
Pippin89 wrote:
GordonBennett wrote:

Great news. I have to say I am surprised you got it at all at the moment. What gun is first on the shopping list?

I’ve taken delivery of a good old 10/22! A club member was waiting to transfer ownership when my ticket arrived. It’s got a few mods and a decent scope and I’ve already tried it pre-lockdown.
Can’t wait to have another go!