variation question

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

LDC1982
Home club or Range: Severnside

variation question

#1 Post by LDC1982 »

after a year of shooting it's time to put in my first variation request.

I'm intending on purchasing a DTA SRS-A1 or AT, I have a slot already for .308 but would also like to get a 6.5 Creedmoor conversion kit. how should I ask for the 6.5? do I just request another 6.5 rifle or do I specify that it is just a barrel/bolt?

Also I'd like a .22rf upper for my AR how should I ask for just an upper?

cheers
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: variation question

#2 Post by 20series »

LDC1982 wrote:after a year of shooting it's time to put in my first variation request.

I'm intending on purchasing a DTA SRS-A1 or AT, I have a slot already for .308 but would also like to get a 6.5 Creedmoor conversion kit. how should I ask for the 6.5? do I just request another 6.5 rifle or do I specify that it is just a barrel/bolt?

cheers
The problem with this scenario is that different departments have differing views, your best bet is to ring your FEO and ask them.

Good luck
Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
drocto
Home club or Range: SYP

#3 Post by drocto »

LDC1982 wrote:after a year of shooting it's time to put in my first variation request.

cheers
What was the outcome please matey, as I'm in a similar position and would be a useful template for me to follow...

Thank you.
Swamp Donkey
Home club or Range: Wessex Rifles

#4 Post by Swamp Donkey »

I have ".260 rifle" and ".308 spare barrel", the 308 barrel is listed with the 260 rifle under the conditions. I just swap as needed.
Same as when i Rebarreled the AR, just asked for a variation for a 300blk spare barrel, then swapped them over.

I did the work on the 260 and 300 barrels, and thus, there are no markings on them, this did cause a few questions but nothing to worry about