Looking for a spotting scope

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

billgatese30
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland & District Gun Club...and anywhere that will have me.

Re: Looking for a spotting scope

#11 Post by billgatese30 »

Ok, to give you a guide of the Minox's capabilities (apologies for the poor smartphone picture down the objective and the branches in my garden getting in the way). The large grey warehouse surrounded by houses on the left in the pic is 2.71 miles (4,773 yards) away according to Google Earth. The sand stone buildings on the horizon is a farm 4.89 miles (8600 yards) away (which I didn't focus on!). I'm pretty sure it would be good enough to score with at 1000 Yards ;) However that isn't to say that you don't get better performance from a Swarovski/Zeiss/Leica etc, but the returns per £ start to get increasingly smaller the more you pay. If money was no object then you wouldn't have a hard decision. The photo below is at 30x mag.

Chris