advice on choosing my first fac rifle and s1 shotgun.

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: advice on choosing my first fac rifle and s1 shotgun.

#21 Post by froggy »

Salut,

I know sod all about shotguns but personally for your rifle budget I'd actually buy 2 rifles.
A semi-auto 22lr like a ruger 10/22 and a full bore 7,62x54 Mosin-Nagant . Both are basic, well proven design but excellent firearms that do everything the more expensive fancy toys to do.
You will even have some change from your £ 500/700 "guns treasure chest" that you can spend on ammo or save it for a future fancier toy once you have tried more. 7,62x54 is probably the cheapest ammo you can find in this country meaning you will get far more trigger time for your money.
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
claytont

Re: advice on choosing my first fac rifle and s1 shotgun.

#22 Post by claytont »

Hi,
I'm in a similar situation to you in that I am also on my probation with a club and wondering what to buy to get started on my own. I have had some great advice from the forum and would pass on that you need to remember to budget for optics also potentially and a cabinet for certain.
Hope your search goes well!