Variation... Again sorry and how many rifles before burglar

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

RobB
Home club or Range: Cuckfield Rifle Club and OSM (Bisley)

Re: Variation... Again sorry and how many rifles before burg

#31 Post by RobB »

Definitely just the cabinet as a quick conversation on its location and he immediately discounted a zonal alarm and def not the whole house (rented).
Someone else I know, their nearest neighbour is about 1000 yards away but still had to put in an audible alarm. No one will hear it.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#32 Post by HALODIN »

The idea is the burglars fear someone will hear it, so they scarper. If you don't mind me prying, why did he discount a zonal alarm?
RobB
Home club or Range: Cuckfield Rifle Club and OSM (Bisley)

Variation... Again sorry and how many rifles before burglar

#33 Post by RobB »

The house I'm renting (until pad in Sussex sold) has all dry lined walls. Only place to bolt it is on floor hidden behind sofa in living room. So it would continually go off or we would not remember to turn it on every time the house was vacated. Alarm more likely to be on if just in cabinet.

Edit - And the number of rifles (only 5) doesn't really warrant it anyway.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Last edited by RobB on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#34 Post by HALODIN »

I don't really understand the logic of his recommendation. I don't put the alarm on if I'm at home and just in case you're not aware, arming an alarm with a wireless keyfob, is no more difficult than locking your car door with a keyfob. If it was me personally, I'd just buy a wireless alarm, wireless PIR's, wireless door sensors and a couple of keyfobs. It will only cost £500 inc installation. We're going to move after Christmas and I'll just unscrew mine off the walls and put it up at the next house. Pretty simple stuff really. Anyway, I don't want to meddle if you've got it covered.