New applicant

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Rockhopper

Re: New applicant

#11 Post by Rockhopper »

I applied for an SGC at the same time as it seemed sensible to do so but i had no intention of ever buying one - I now have four shotguns....
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#12 Post by HH1 »

Hmmmm its easy to say "I don't need anymore guns".... but in just the last year or so I've spent around £8,000 and that doesn't include ammunition etc.
GrizzlyGrant
Home club or Range: South wales

#13 Post by GrizzlyGrant »

Tell me about it.. my world was open to the dark arts of black powder this morning. Kind of a nostalgic effect and remember watching sharp as a kid. Looks like a whole heap of dirty fun.

On another note I used a .38 underleaver. How anyone can use one of these and never want to own one is beyond me, it was so much fun to use I had to slow down on the shots, not cheap haha
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#14 Post by dromia »

GrizzlyGrant wrote:Tell me about it.. my world was open to the dark arts of black powder this morning. Kind of a nostalgic effect and remember watching sharp as a kid. Looks like a whole heap of dirty fun.
Smokeless powder and jacketed bullets are just passing fancies, they will never catch on.

Check out our muzzle loading forum here for some proper guns and shooting.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
HH1

#15 Post by HH1 »

GrizzlyGrant wrote:Tell me about it.. my world was open to the dark arts of black powder this morning. Kind of a nostalgic effect and remember watching sharp as a kid. Looks like a whole heap of dirty fun.

On another note I used a .38 underleaver. How anyone can use one of these and never want to own one is beyond me, it was so much fun to use I had to slow down on the shots, not cheap haha
Yes.... I have Marlin .357 & .45-70 underlevers in my collection :D
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#16 Post by Les »

GrizzlyGrant wrote:
I'm enjoying the 22lr a lot, and looking at all the possible avenues available to me.
Now this is where I become a pest and start asking loads of questions (sorry).
I would like to apply for 2+ minimum rifles, with different set ups and actions for different ranges. Is this something that's frowned upon or is it acceptable?
A lot depends on the police force, but in Cheshire you can definitely have more than one .22lr. You only need to have a 'need' for the rifle, which is usually 'target shooting'.

Different disciplines call for different rifles. Semi-auto for moving target, single shot for precision target shooting and bolt action for general gallery rifle etc etc. You can also have more than one bolt action. As long as you can justify a 'need', you should get the rifle. ;)
HH1

#17 Post by HH1 »

Les wrote:
GrizzlyGrant wrote:

A lot depends on the police force, but in Cheshire you can definitely have more than one .22lr. You only need to have a 'need' for the rifle, which is usually 'target shooting'.
That is true.... I'm under Cheshire and have:

.22 bolt action CZ varmint
.22 Martini action BSA Venom Tuned
.22 semi-auto Sig 522
.22 Long Barrelled Pistol, Browning Buckmark

I have an allowance of 2,000 rounds of .22lr
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#18 Post by GeeRam »

GrizzlyGrant wrote: On another note I used a .38 underleaver. How anyone can use one of these and never want to own one is beyond me, it was so much fun to use I had to slow down on the shots, not cheap haha
Don't have a go with one in 'proper' .44 or .45 calibre then, you'll not even want to use a .38 one again lol
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#19 Post by snayperskaya »

GeeRam wrote:
GrizzlyGrant wrote: On another note I used a .38 underleaver. How anyone can use one of these and never want to own one is beyond me, it was so much fun to use I had to slow down on the shots, not cheap haha
Don't have a go with one in 'proper' .44 or .45 calibre then, you'll not even want to use a .38 one again lol
I had a go with one in 45-70 and was very impressed :good:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!