Variation Dilemma

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Matty77

Variation Dilemma

#1 Post by Matty77 »

Hi All

I put in a variation to add a .308 and mod on my FAC which i have held for over a year (currently only have a .22 B/A and .22 Semi slot both with mods) about 10 days ago and i have been told that i could take 6 weeks (Cumbria Police) until it is processed. This is all ok with me but today i received a call from a gun shop to say the rifle i put a deposit on has arrived early aaarggh .

Now i am a full member of 2 home office approved shooting clubs and this will be my first center fire rifle so should i wait till i get my FAC back before i pay for the rifle or should I pay for it now and get it delivered to my local RFD until i get my FAc back.

Anyone advise would be great.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Variation Dilemma

#2 Post by bradaz11 »

put a deposit on at the shop who has it, why pay, get it, possibly pay storage plus RFD fees to then get knocked back on your variation for some reason?

either that or is the rifle really that hard to find, or that great a price that you can't just wait for another?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
The Gun Pimp

#3 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Personally, I'd pay the shop in full and ask them to hang onto it until you get your variation. Then, go and collect it.
bigfathairybiker

#4 Post by bigfathairybiker »

Any reasonable gun shop would normally hold a rifle for six weeks+ without hassle if a deposit is paid.

Blimey, I've even had an RFD wait two months without a deposit for a variation to go through.

Mark