Opticians for shooting frames in north of Scotland?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

acormack
Home club or Range: Pentland Rifle Club

Opticians for shooting frames in north of Scotland?

#1 Post by acormack »

Does anyone on here know of any good opticians that supply shooting frames for rimfire prone shooting?

I'm not speaking about Boots or Specsavers either and would travel to see someone as I have a strong prescription and astigmatism so was looking for a decent optician to see what options are available to me. I could even plan a road trip as far as the central belt so we can look at most of Scotland.

If anyone has been to a good optician in Scotland for frames/shooting aids can you pass on their details, thanks for now.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Re: Opticians for shooting frames in north of Scotland?

#2 Post by saddler »

Why not get the frames you want online then have your local optician make up lenses to your prescription & fit them to the frames?

I know it's a common option for people wanting period correct glasses for historical events, etc.
knewmans

Re: Opticians for shooting frames in north of Scotland?

#3 Post by knewmans »

I did just that. Got a set of Varga frames I think from here http://tinyurl.com/z7gfqe3

Got my optician to fit a lens to my prescription which would focus naturally on the foresight.