Browning T bold .22 licence question + cZ

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Pesty
Home club or Range: The Balby Rifle and Revolver Club

Browning T bold .22 licence question + cZ

#1 Post by Pesty »

Been looking at bolt 22 I put one down on my application

Looking around I like the sound of the t bolt could I get that with my licence I put down .22 bolt but is the t bolt a straight pull?
Also cZ 452/455 should I just stick with those.instead?

Cheers
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Browning T bold .22 licence question + cZ

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

The T Bolt is a bolt action rifle. I prefer the older CZ 452 over the 455 and there are some bargains to be had.

The good thing about rimfire rifles is you are spoilt for choice and do see if you can test fire whatever you choose before parting with your money. Also ask the seller what they feed it with as different rifles prefer different makes of ammunition.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#3 Post by Kungfugerbil »

You will probably find that your ticket comes back just saying ".22RF rifle" rather than the specific action(s). When I was applying for mine I told the FEO I wanted a bolt action single shot for this, a semi for this and so on - ticket came back just saying 6 x 22RF rifles.

Which is great as it gives you the flexibility to get what you want.
Billett

#4 Post by Billett »

My FEO did the same. I put down for a semi and during my visit he had me application form and changed it to just .22rf saying I could decide. He then kindly said ' lets put you down for a suppressor aswell'
Pesty
Home club or Range: The Balby Rifle and Revolver Club

#5 Post by Pesty »

cheers interesting
Viper
Home club or Range: Pickering Rifle Club

#6 Post by Viper »

I've just got licence through and I'm fairly certain it wasn't particularly specific either!

I got a CZ452 as my first and it's a lovely gun. Great to use, easy to find and relatively inexpensive at £250 with scope.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

The CZ452 is a superbly boring rifle, they should hit whatever you point them at out to 100m and more on a reasonable day. I know a couple of farming brothers who share a 452, they use it to shoot Rabbits, Pigeons, Crows, Squirrels, clods of clay and anything else that catches their eye at a rate of 1500-2000 rounds a month. I doubt it has ever been cleaned and it just keeps on going.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

#8 Post by DW58 »

The Browning T-bolt is a superb little rifle - my son has one in .22 LR whilst I have an Anschütz 1416 also in .22 LR. The Anschütz is the more accurate rifle in terms of paper-punching, but in practical terms there's nothing between them.

I love the slickness of the T-bolt and it has the sweetest rotary magazine - it's a 10rd. double-helix.
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31