Introduction

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Ron Die
Home club or Range: Sufolk

Introduction

#1 Post by Ron Die »

Hi

I'm new to the forum, a born again TR with a newly acquired Swing mk4 no 998. It was in totally original condition, 28" barrel, Swenson rear sight and by our lady stiff bolt. Being left handed it took me ages to find one and longer still for one I could afford.

The rear sight was a little slack so Fultons overhauled it and while it was there I had one of their ladder sights fitted, adjustable iris' both ends and an eagle eye added. Fultons judged its bore to be a little over half way through its life.

I've shot it at 500' 900 and 1000 yards and know with practise and use I'll get better ( although my team mates say it will never hold its own at 1000 until I put a 30-32" barrel on it) but the joy in having a stock and bolt that fits is wonderful.

I am curious to learn its date of manufacture, it's number is sin 71 mk4 998, and I can't find anywhere on the net which will help. My question is, can anyone help me learn its birthday?

Many thanks
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Introduction

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Welcome to the forum Ron Die, does your Swing still have the original S&L barrel as well? They can be superb shooters.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

Hi Ron Die, welcome :wave:
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#4 Post by safetyfirst »

Hi! Welcome!
Les