Winchester model 70 mag conversions?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

EDP
Home club or Range: TWTSC

Winchester model 70 mag conversions?

#1 Post by EDP »

Anyone know of an off the shelf detachable magazine conversion for Winchester M70s - or, failing that, any gunsmiths who do their own in the UK? I don't see the point in the Pacific Tools ones as they still only offer five round mags. I realise I could have a bunch of five rounds mags all loaded (at the range, of course) but would prefer larger capacity magazines.
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

Re: Winchester model 70 mag conversions?

#2 Post by waterford103 »

I got mine off ebay , I've had 3 ,they take the AI mags and they've all been good at around £110 each - bargain.

ebay item 162165878867

:flag13:
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
EDP
Home club or Range: TWTSC

Re: Winchester model 70 mag conversions?

#3 Post by EDP »

Thanks! Is yours a Rem 700 or Winchester M70? I had a good look but it won't let me contact him, for some reason, to ask if it fits both?