Fox scope and general scope question.

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: Fox scope and general scope question.

#11 Post by mag41uk »

Using your chart.
If you are zeroed at 100 yds and you want to adjust to 600 then multiply 8 x 11.8.
The answer is the amount of clicks up you will need.
Pesty
Home club or Range: The Balby Rifle and Revolver Club

#12 Post by Pesty »

Ok well that seems at odds with what was posted earlier unless I've misunderstood what was put earlier about clicks meaning more at longer distance?
The Gun Pimp

#13 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Daryll wrote:To be honest, i don't see the point of the 1/8th MOA scopes... I suppose if you're a benchrest type, that 1/8 of an inch at 100 yds may make a difference, but for most shooters 1/4 click is plenty fine enough adjustment.
Interestingly, a 100 yd benchrest shooter will never adjust the scope - we simply aim-off - if we need to.

Having said that, I agree, 1/8thMOA clicks are not needed - few if any rifles will consistently shoot to 1/8MOA accuracy and no-one can read the wind to that level of accuracy. But, presumably if they think it will help sell the scope, manufacturers will do it.
Pesty
Home club or Range: The Balby Rifle and Revolver Club

#14 Post by Pesty »

Right. First time shooting today at 300/500 and 600

Sussed out the drop. At 300 Didn't bother counting clicks using that table above I moved it 3.5 moa so 3.5 full turns and was in the black with the first shot

So so far so good. But

At 500 I needed to turn it a another 4 or so Moa problem but there was only 1 more Moa of adjustment

I had to aim at the top of the target and then at some mud at 600 and I still scored better than at 300 WTF?

Anyway is there a way of resetting the zero on the scope so I have more elevation?