Ammo Safe Question

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Re: Ammo Safe Question

#11 Post by Lever357 »

Ovenpaa wrote:I always used to have mine bolted to the floor, wall and gun safe in case someone tried to pull them off the wall. Even to this day all of our gun safes are bolted together. If someone can get them off the wall and out the door they are welcome to them :)
I think any self respecting criminal would carry a cordless angle grinder and could therefore cut through the sides of most cabinets in a matter of minutes anyway. We just have to comply with what we are asked to do by the authorities and I am sure most of us would install a cabinet for security anyway.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: Ammo Safe Question

#12 Post by Dark Skies »

My rifle cabinets are bolted to the wall, screwed to the floor, and bolted together. On top of them sit two pistol cabinets, also bolted to the wall, bolted together, and bolted to the cabinets they sit on top of. Filled to brimming the weight would require the strength of the Incredible Hulk to be able to walk off with them.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."